Groups

Another tattoo thread, how old were you?

Ok so there was a couple of tattoo threads around yesterday, got me thinking.

How old were you when you had your first tattoo? And what did you get?

51 Comments

Original Poster

I will start, I had an eye of horus on my back when I was 15, naughty I know!

i had a devil on my left arm when i was 17 yrs old

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo since I was 15/16 but never acctually got one >_>

My gf has 2 and she is getting a 3rd on 2nd september

Original Poster

cookjackie;6084820

i had a devil on my left arm when i was 17 yrs old

any regrets?

I had a small black panther on my shoulder at about 17 I think

no i then went and got another on my right breast home made design with my hubbys name on

and i wolud love to get another 2 (on my back and ankle)

Banned

hannah19790;6084834

Bit militant http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/huey-newton-bobby-black-panthers.jpg

hannah19790;6084834

Has the panther grown throughout those years? :whistling::w00t:

I'm undecided about tattoos, sometimes I think they're not all that but other times, I strongly consider getting one, although I wonder if it'll be something I regret when I'm older and wonder if it'll look rubbish in the future...and also if I put on weight and it stretches into something else. lol

Banned

cookjackie;6084837

no i then went and got another on my right breast home made design with … no i then went and got another on my right breast home made design with my hubbys name on

Always a big mistake.

Original Poster

cookjackie;6084840

and i wolud love to get another 2 (on my back and ankle)

do it do it! No pressure lol!

I went on to have another 6, 3 more on back, 1 on each wrist (kiddies initials), and an upper arm piece which will be added to in September:-D

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;6084859

Has the panther grown throughout those years? :whistling::w00t:I'm … Has the panther grown throughout those years? :whistling::w00t:I'm undecided about tattoos, sometimes I think they're not all that but other times, I strongly consider getting one, although I wonder if it'll be something I regret when I'm older and wonder if it'll look rubbish in the future...and also if I put on weight and it stretches into something else. lol

very sensible thinking!! I regret my first one, not having it done, but the actual design, it is very small, and not what I would choose now!

i have put on lots of weight since i got both off mine and they dont look any different and i sometimes wrinkle my skin to see what they will look like when i am older lol

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6084861

Always a big mistake.

Lol, my tattoo guy refuses to do partners names

we had only be together a week when i got his name done and now we have been togeher 10yrs and married for 4 of them

Original Poster

cookjackie;6084899

we had only be together a week when i got his name done and now we have … we had only be together a week when i got his name done and now we have been togeher 10yrs and married for 4 of them

Very nice! He got yours anywhere?

lilac rose on my boob when i was 30! had 3 more since kids names in thai on my shoulders and flowers running down the back of my neck

no he has none at all

Banned

cookjackie;6084899

we had only be together a week when i got his name done and now we have … we had only be together a week when i got his name done and now we have been togeher 10yrs and married for 4 of them

Ultimate mistake - was he your first boyfriend?

I've waited until my mid-twenties and now I'm getting an artist friend to design one for me from a rough idea I've had for a while.

Waiting until I go to LA and getting a couple done by the guys who do John Mayer's and Beckham's.

Original Poster

cookjackie;6084919

no he has none at all

My partner didn't until last year, now he has 2 full sleeves

no he wasnt my first

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6084932

Ultimate mistake - was he your first boyfriend? I've waited until my … Ultimate mistake - was he your first boyfriend? I've waited until my mid-twenties and now I'm getting an artist friend to design one for me from a rough idea I've had for a while.Waiting until I go to LA and getting a couple done by the guys who do John Mayer's and Beckham's.

Bet that is costing a bit, it's generally double the price or more in the US, and you are supposed to tip the artist in America

cookjackie;6084837

no i then went and got another on my right breast home made design with … no i then went and got another on my right breast home made design with my hubbys name on

lol, don't you know that a tattoo is for life and marriages aren't?
    I just hope you two don't go your seperate ways...it might be a little off putting when your future partners ask who they're eating. :w00t:

silkymolo;6084869

very sensible thinking!! I regret my first one, not having it done, but … very sensible thinking!! I regret my first one, not having it done, but the actual design, it is very small, and not what I would choose now!

I always try to be sensible...ish. lol

What was your first one and what would you get now?

Banned

silkymolo;6084952

Bet that is costing a bit, it's generally double the price or more in the … Bet that is costing a bit, it's generally double the price or more in the US, and you are supposed to tip the artist in America

I've always worried that it'd be messed up and I'd end up hating it so I'm trying to do everything I can to make sure it goes smoothly.

I'm actually looking forward to it - I've got a thing for pain. Worried I might get addicted actually:oops:

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;6084960

lol, don't you know that a tattoo is for life and marriages aren't? :pI … lol, don't you know that a tattoo is for life and marriages aren't? :pI just hope you two don't go your seperate ways...it might be a little off putting when your future partners ask who they're eating. :w00t:I always try to be sensible...ish. lolWhat was your first one and what would you get now?

It was an egyptian eye. Now would go for something more old school, or gothic, my tatts since have been gothic on my back, an angel and demon, and y armpiece is an old school mourning woman

realfriendlyman;6084859

Has the panther grown throughout those years? :whistling::w00t:I'm … Has the panther grown throughout those years? :whistling::w00t:I'm undecided about tattoos, sometimes I think they're not all that but other times, I strongly consider getting one, although I wonder if it'll be something I regret when I'm older and wonder if it'll look rubbish in the future...and also if I put on weight and it stretches into something else. lol

A friend of a friend's nickname is grandad and he acctually got "Grandad" tattooed across the top of his back.

I've seen it, it's not just a rumour. I bet he's gonna regret that one. He was about 23 at the time.

My first tattoo was aged 18 and of the hottest band in the world - KISS

:oops:

Original Poster

Hutchie;6084991

My first tattoo was aged 18 and of the hottest band in the world - KISS … My first tattoo was aged 18 and of the hottest band in the world - KISS :oops:

When were you 18 :whistling:

Banned

Hutchie;6084991

My first tattoo was aged 18 and of the hottest band in the world - KISS … My first tattoo was aged 18 and of the hottest band in the world - KISS :oops:

Very cool:thumbsup:

19 yrs ago :x

40 - girl angel on my shoulder blade (at 42 i had hearts on the other shoulder to represent my husband and children - 1 big 3 little, then at 44 I had a boy angel on my wrist_

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6084965

I've always worried that it'd be messed up and I'd end up hating it so … I've always worried that it'd be messed up and I'd end up hating it so I'm trying to do everything I can to make sure it goes smoothly.I'm actually looking forward to it - I've got a thing for pain. Worried I might get addicted actually:oops:

It is addictive, and the pain thing :thumbsup:

It's good when you have a large piece coz endorphins & adrenalin kick in!!

I would not say it is real pain though, just a bit uncomfortable, and more coz you sit there for soooo long, numb bottom is the worst bit!

silkymolo;6084970

It was an egyptian eye. Now would go for something more old school, or … It was an egyptian eye. Now would go for something more old school, or gothic, my tatts since have been gothic on my back, an angel and demon, and y armpiece is an old school mourning woman

What possessed you into getting an egytian eye?

Sounds like you love buffy.

rwm24;6084989

A friend of a friend's nickname is grandad and he acctually got "Grandad" … A friend of a friend's nickname is grandad and he acctually got "Grandad" tattooed across the top of his back.I've seen it, it's not just a rumour. I bet he's gonna regret that one. He was about 23 at the time.

Oh damn...so....many....funny.....things....to...say....about......having....Grandad.... tattooed.....on....your......friends....back!!!.......must........re.......sist. lol

realfriendlyman;6085040

Oh … Oh damn...so....many....funny.....things....to...say....about......having....Grandad.... tattooed.....on....your......friends....back!!!.......must........re.......sist. lol

He's not really my friend so say what you want Spoken to him once or twice at parties about 3 years ago

Original Poster

Hutchie;6085029

19 yrs ago :x

no offence intended it was 8 years ago for me so not that far behind lol!

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;6085040

What possessed you into getting an egytian eye?Sounds like you love … What possessed you into getting an egytian eye?Sounds like you love buffy. :)Oh damn...so....many....funny.....things....to...say....about......having....Grandad.... tattooed.....on....your......friends....back!!!.......must........re.......sist. lol

I was into egyptology and I was 15 nuff said lol!

going to the london tattoo convention in sept. might get my first tatts there - the OH has big pieces done the last few years ...

Surely there are better less permanent ways of making yourself look like a cheap ***** than having a tattoo?

Original Poster

kippy;6085175

going to the london tattoo convention in sept. might get my first tatts … going to the london tattoo convention in sept. might get my first tatts there - the OH has big pieces done the last few years ...

Generally have to book i advance fo conventions, and most artists take their own models/subjects, but could be wrong as the biggest one I been to was Manchester

i got my first one when i was 16, it's a dolphin on my ankle.

i had my mum's permission although a few years ago she did ask me when they put the age up to 18 lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …109234
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34214
      3. GOT Leaks again1022
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1741

See more discussions