Groups
    EXPIRED

Anti-perforation warranty vauxhall

Vauxhall have a 6 year anti-perforation warranty, anyone had any problems getting bodywork repaired? Got a few rust bubbles on drivers door lower half !.
    I see in the service book it says its part of the servicing but I have no stamps for anti perforation for the last couple of years however stamps for service are from main dealer, since new in Oct 2002.

Going on the 24th july so see what they say !

8 Comments

i recently dealt with Mazda Wallasey over a similar issue, and they were absolutely fantastic, took the car, gave me a courtesy car, and had mine back a week later, with a fantastic job on it.

Sorry, not much use i know

No stamps for it means you are unlikely to get far (but there are many cases where people get lucky). Unfortunately, you have no proof that the corrosion was not caused by damage you did not get repaired.

pghstochaj;2544370

No stamps for it means you are unlikely to get far (but there are many … No stamps for it means you are unlikely to get far (but there are many cases where people get lucky). Unfortunately, you have no proof that the corrosion was not caused by damage you did not get repaired.

But surely that also means that the dealer failed to see any damage also, and as long as the car was serviced according to the manufacturer timings they can't claim it's due to previous damage (or they would have made a note). Just tell them it's only just appeared.

It doesn't work like that. Unless the OP paid them to inspect the bodywork as part of your service. Servicing normally covers a number of set points on mechanics, not bodywork. They are not liable to notice (for example) bodywork scratches which may cause future corrosion. The idea is that you get them to inspect the bodywork for problems (as a additional service) and then pay them to correct it. That way, they ensure that any problems are due to original quality or workmanship faults on their side, not your damage.

Vauxhall state:

Vauxhall guarantees new vehicles against perforation by corrosion of the … Vauxhall guarantees new vehicles against perforation by corrosion of the bodywork and underbody, where it occurs as a result of defective materials or workmanship.The warranty applies for six years from the date of first registration except:VX220 which has a 10 year anti-perforation warranty on the chassis.Vauxhall offers an annual corrosion protection service which should be carried out regularly to maintain the validity of the warranty. For full details of Vauxhall warranties including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Service Booklet with your Vauxhall.

In their terms, it is like you not going to a single service and then asking them to replace a failed mechanical part under warranty.

Again, I have heard cases where dealerships have sorted out simple problems without question, but most of the time they will state their T&Cs and at 6 years old, it will be difficult to get anywhere through any legal means etc.

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;2544382

But surely that also means that the dealer failed to see any damage also, … But surely that also means that the dealer failed to see any damage also, and as long as the car was serviced according to the manufacturer timings they can't claim it's due to previous damage (or they would have made a note). Just tell them it's only just appeared.

it has appeared since its last service back in oct 2007, and the way i read the anti-perf warranty in the service booklet is that it comes under part of the service, so they have failed to carry that part out !

Original Poster

pghstochaj;2544423

It doesn't work like that. Unless the OP paid them to inspect the … It doesn't work like that. Unless the OP paid them to inspect the bodywork as part of your service. Servicing normally covers a number of set points on mechanics, not bodywork. They are not liable to notice (for example) bodywork scratches which may cause future corrosion. The idea is that you get them to inspect the bodywork for problems (as a additional service) and then pay them to correct it. That way, they ensure that any problems are due to original quality or workmanship faults on their side, not your damage.Vauxhall state:In their terms, it is like you not going to a single service and then asking them to replace a failed mechanical part under warranty. Again, I have heard cases where dealerships have sorted out simple problems without question, but most of the time they will state their T&Cs and at 6 years old, it will be difficult to get anywhere through any legal means etc.

was never charged extra on the occasions it was stamped during its service !

Dealership may have changed their system and routines, either way, you have not had the relevant checks carried out or proof that they have so it will be difficult to get much or anything out of them; it will depend on the quality of the dealership.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;2544370

No stamps for it means you are unlikely to get far (but there are many … No stamps for it means you are unlikely to get far (but there are many cases where people get lucky). Unfortunately, you have no proof that the corrosion was not caused by damage you did not get repaired.

i think thats what they will look at when i take it in to see if the panel has been previously looked at /repaired...

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions