Groups
    EXPIRED

anti virus

need an anti virus for pc whats the best free one

9 Comments

hi
    i use avg by grisoft, just type in avg in google and download the free version, it updates everyday and never had any problems with it

avg is great they also do anti spam

norton is quite good but quite expensive but worth it

surfer90;1691662

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?tag=pdp_prod - AD Aware, also brilliant at deep scanning

Ad Aware is NOT an anti virus program, he asked for an anti virus program.

I use AdAware but it searches for spyware NOT viruses.

All the below are free and have served me very well

Viruses - AVG Anti Virus

Firewall - Zone Alarm

Spyware - AdAware

Monitoring your Windows system - WinPatrol (great little program)

Also, dont equate free with poor. All these companies above also do chargeable versions and they could not compete in the chargeable marketplace if they were no good.

Thanks i have just downloaded the AVG. Thanks guys and thanks to OP as i have been after something like this for a while.

Banned

try getting nod32, type it in google. uses less pc memory then any other program and its quality and searches.

For a FREE Anti-virus program ,as sugested use AVG . A very good one that will cost you , is Kaspersky .Thers's been some good deals on this recently ,ie 3 user licence for £14.00 . A very good firewall is Comodo , I've used this for a couple of years now on afew PC's and it's excellent and FREE . Dont forget ,your anti-spyware . Ad-aware & Spybot are a must have , both are FREE. For a bought one [anti-spyware] you cannot go wrong with Spysweeper made by Webroot ,same company that brought us Window Washer .Both are excellent but come as at a price.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?612
      2. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      3. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
      4. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33

See more discussions