Antique Veritas Sowing Machine Value?

14 replies
Found 3rd May 2009
Hi, a veritas sowing machine has came into my hands photos attached anyone know what the value is? After i googled it. It seems like its dated 1905-1930s from what i can tell from the history. sewmuse.co.uk/ger…htm

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Original Poster

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4974/hpim0546c.jpg

Banned

I see a lot of old sewing machines offered on Freecycle, I don't think they kept their money very well, I may be wrong. i'd ring around your local dealers and see if theres any interest, or wait for flog it/the real deal to come near you!

Otherwise I'd perhaps try local museums whether they'd like it as a prop i.e. Black Country Musuem in the midlands, or production companies who make Heartbeat and such-theres a big hidden market in providing them with props

Unfortunately they are not worth much. We have a Fristers sewing machine (which we were told was a rare model dating from around 1904) but still not worth anything. I see loads of old sewing machines in our local recycling yard.

BTW. Pledge works wonders for dusty furniture

Original Poster

Damn, its not that valuable it seems then

Banned

Predikuesi;5107821

Unfortunately they are not worth much. We have a Friskars sewing machine … Unfortunately they are not worth much. We have a Friskars sewing machine (which we were told was a rare model dating from around 1904) but still not worth anything. I see loads of old sewing machines in our local recycling yard.BTW. Pledge works wonders for dusty furniture

ouch, whats the cure for rudeness? Oh no, I'm asking the wrong person.:whistling:

H_K;5107870

ouch, whats the cure for rudeness? Oh no, I'm asking the wrong … ouch, whats the cure for rudeness? Oh no, I'm asking the wrong person.:whistling:

LOL. Wasn't meant to be rude, though I can see it might be seen that way by someone with no sense of humour. Apologies to OP if he / she took it that way.

Now to get on with the rest of my life.

Original Poster

I think it must be worth about £100?

Based on what?

Original Poster

Goonieman;5107916

Based on what?

Age?

deejaychaos;5107896

I think it must be worth about £100?

If there is a sewing machine shop near where you live, then they may be able to advise. Most of the German machines are very similar (our Fristers looks almost identical to your one).

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5107928

If there is a sewing machine shop near where you live, then they may be … If there is a sewing machine shop near where you live, then they may be able to advise. Most of the German machines are very similar (our Friskars looks almost identical to your one).

Interesting, i would thought because its old normal sewing machine shops would have little interest in it and would be something for antique shops

deejaychaos;5107923

Age?

LOL..so what about a quid a year?

deejaychaos;5107942

Interesting, i would thought because its old normal sewing machine shops … Interesting, i would thought because its old normal sewing machine shops would have little interest in it and would be something for antique shops

They wont buy it from you, but might point you in the right direction.

Just been on the site you mentioned. This is our one
http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/fristerred.jpg

Original Poster

thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?53
    2. Toyota verso camera22
    3. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88