Antiques Roadshow fans?

Posted 2nd Aug 2020
Hi, anyone out there with skill at identifying collectible pottery?

Got given some old pottery believed to be from around 1960. Thought it was Poole Pottery but can't find a pattern that matches. Any suggestions as to what pottery made these items. Thanks.
3517773-OQPoJ.jpg3517773-5SBT0.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Don’t recognise this but in my opinion it’s almost certainly not Poole.
Poole pottery is all very well marked on the base. Does this have any markings?
chappers4u02/08/2020 23:20

Don’t recognise this but in my opinion it’s almost certainly not Poo …Don’t recognise this but in my opinion it’s almost certainly not Poole.Poole pottery is all very well marked on the base. Does this have any markings?

Oooooh, look at you, Hugh Scully
It's not one of mine

41566054-uoMcr.jpg
Have you tried a reverse image search?
tineye.com/
Do a rubbing or draw that marking then pay it, plus any other markings. The photos aren't very clear (I thought that was snoopy on the side!)
Ringfinger03/08/2020 07:56

Do a rubbing or draw that marking then pay it, plus any other markings. …Do a rubbing or draw that marking then pay it, plus any other markings. The photos aren't very clear (I thought that was snoopy on the side!)

Probably be worth more if it were an original Snoopy
Thanks for the comments. Will try the reverse image search. The pottery is allegedly of value, but sadly the previous owner is no longer in a position to tell us why they thought it was.
Forget Antiques Road Show, you want to get Dickinson on that.
Edited by: "PAISAL" 3rd Aug
I'm going to say a vinegar bottle - odd there's no name/markings on the base. Denby, Hornsea, Poole all that era but it would be marked, so possibly not made in the UK.
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 3rd Aug
JimboParrot03/08/2020 09:38

I'm going to say a vinegar bottle - odd there's no name/markings on the …I'm going to say a vinegar bottle - odd there's no name/markings on the base. Denby, Hornsea, Poole all that era but it would be marked, so possibly not made in the UK.

Yes we think its is a salad dressing bottle, it is part of a large dinner service, but I haven't found any item that has a clearer mark than the one in the 2nd picture. It was given as a wedding gift in 1960 and presumably was new at the time. I'll have a closer look for makers marks when I get a chance, but it doesn't look like Poole to me.
Thanks to those who posted replies.
The pottery has now been identified as Cornish Crowan made by Harry and May Davis in 1960. It is collectible, but not Antiques Roadshow class!
Thanks for updating. Not the most attractive items to be fair, but interesting that he was at Poole Pottery.
Post a comment
@
    Text