Groups
    EXPIRED

Antisemitic chants caught on film before Manchester City’s match against Spurs

Banned
    I'm a die hard Spurs supporter. There is a minority who sing these vile, abusive and hateful songs and I condemn them for it.

"Antisemitic songs chanted by passengers on a tram before Manchester City’s Premier League meeting with Tottenham last Saturday have been widely condemned by the Jewish community.

Video footage on a tram ahead of the match appears to show supporters heading to the match singing: “You’re getting gassed in the morning” - a reference to the treatment of Jews in concentration camps during the second world war. Tottenham’s support is historically made up of a large Jewish fanbase and antisemitic chants and behaviour have been aimed at them for decades."

theguardian.com/foo…tch

22 Comments

This is disgusting! Why people want to spread hate like that is beyond me.. some sick people in this world

We believe you find this vile, abusive and disgusting, fits with your even handed approach to world politics.

Similar but not as extreme as Hamas and its views of Jews.

This is how Palestinian TV indoctrinates and teaches hate...

Edited by: "davewave" 31st Jan

Original Poster Banned

It's not just that it's disgusting, it's caught on film, tweeted, social media played around the world. What does it say about the vast majority of City fans, who are a good crowd? It paints them all with one brush, and globally.

Now I don't like Israeli politics much, I don't like Netanyahoo at all, but singing these songs is vile and should be condemned by one and all.

Original Poster Banned

davewave

We believe you find this vile, abusive and disgusting, fits with your … We believe you find this vile, abusive and disgusting, fits with your even handed approach to world politics.Similar but not as extreme as Hamas and its views of Jews.This is how Palestinian TV indoctrinates and teaches hate...

Dave can you please remove that horrid image above. It's disgusting

smiler594

Dave can you please remove that horrid image above. It's disgusting

of course I wouldnt want to offend you, I know how you find Hamas politics disgusting.

Original Poster Banned

davewave

of course I wouldnt want to offend you, I know how you find Hamas … of course I wouldnt want to offend you, I know how you find Hamas politics disgusting.

Yes Dave I condemn Hamas. It doesn't mean I have to like Natanyahoo does it?

smiler594

Yes Dave I condemn Hamas. It doesn't mean I have to like Natanyahoo does … Yes Dave I condemn Hamas. It doesn't mean I have to like Natanyahoo does it?

I didn't ask you to like Netanyahu, did I?
    I am really unsure who is concerned about your opinion of Netanyahu.
    Have a great day my dear friend.

Linking to a week old report that there was a thread about already though.
    I trust as any racist acts the police will take the action necessary

Original Poster Banned

davewave

I didn't ask you to like Netanyahu, did I? I am really unsure who is … I didn't ask you to like Netanyahu, did I? I am really unsure who is concerned about your opinion of Netanyahu.Have a great day my dear friend.

Have a great day too Dave

Original Poster Banned

Cozworth806

Linking to a week old report that there was a thread about already … Linking to a week old report that there was a thread about already though.I trust as any racist acts the police will take the action necessary

Cozworth, I missed that, happy to close thread then if others feel the same way. Thanks for pointing that out

Thankyou for asking for that image to be removed.. I was about to ask the same thing. No one needs to see stuff like that on here aswell when we know it goes on. That's horrific enough. Don't need it plastering alover Hotukdeals too. Thankyou smiler594
    Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 31st Jan

Banned

OP I find news of this nature farcical. Why mention an incident like this. A serious question. Is it your hatred of Man C rather than your concern for anitsemism?

Original Poster Banned

mikehart

OP I find news of this nature farcical. Why mention an incident like … OP I find news of this nature farcical. Why mention an incident like this. A serious question. Is it your hatred of Man C rather than your concern for anitsemism?

I don't hate City. They played us off the park in our last game. They have an amazing manager. They just need time to be consistent. They make the premier league more exciting to watch imo.

It's the singing of these songs by any set of supporters I don't like. Doesn't matter if it's City or another club imo

will you just close this.

Original Poster Banned

smico_wales

will you just close this.

Smico, if one more person feels the same as you, I'll report the thread to mods myself and ask for it to be closed. Is that fair?

Original Poster Banned

mikehart

Singing of these songs is of course unacceptable, but to highlight such a … Singing of these songs is of course unacceptable, but to highlight such a trivial isolated incident really does make me think it's your hatred towards Man C that is the issue here. Have you seen articles like this. Your text here.Does that article put your rant against Man C supporters into perspective?

Mike, we played the best game of football I've never seen against City 3-2 in the fa cup. I say again, City have an amazing manager, they played us off the park in our last game. I am in awe of City. They've won titles, it's what I'd like Spurs to achieve. Nowhere do I hate City.

davewave

We believe you find this vile, abusive and disgusting, fits with your … We believe you find this vile, abusive and disgusting, fits with your even handed approach to world politics.Similar but not as extreme as Hamas and its views of Jews.This is how Palestinian TV indoctrinates and teaches hate...

Thread about idiotic Football fans and post #3 you bring Hamas into it X)
    Obsessed?

Original Poster Banned

Dtovey, Dave asked me, I condemned them

smiler594

Dtovey, Dave asked me, I condemned them

I know that. I was quoting davewave and asking why he felt the need to mention Hamas and Palestine in this thread.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks Dtovey

smiler594

It's not just that it's disgusting, it's caught on film, tweeted, social … It's not just that it's disgusting, it's caught on film, tweeted, social media played around the world. What does it say about the vast majority of City fans, who are a good crowd? It paints them all with one brush, and globally.Now I don't like Israeli politics much, I don't like Netanyahoo at all, but singing these songs is vile and should be condemned by one and all.

It doesn't say anything about the majority of City fans. It just says that those who chant this sort of childish stuff at football matches are just childish dicks. The same as the Liverpool 'Munich' chanters and the United 'Hillsborough' chanters.

dtovey89

I know that. I was quoting davewave and asking why he felt the need to … I know that. I was quoting davewave and asking why he felt the need to mention Hamas and Palestine in this thread.

​Because I was interested and the post is about anti semitism.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50022
      2. Does the app aznog still work?11
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1313
      4. PC Headset Advice11

See more discussions