Antivirus and MS Office- Asus zenbook

Found 11th Sep 2017
Do techies advise going for Avast or Scotty as antivirus software, or should I go for a paid service? Also if I want MS Office what is the cheapest way to purchase this? the os is Windows 10

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Avast because it's less annoying and gets the job done
The advice is to use Microsoft free anti virus..
Edited by: "wayners" 11th Sep 2017
wayners3 h, 48 m ago

The advice is to use Microsoft free anti virus..

The Microsoft av is still terrible in comparison to pretty much any av on the market.
Has slight periods of being ok in the ranks then regularly dips into chocolate fireguard territory.
does your employer not subscribe to the Home Use Program (HUP) you can buy the latest professional version for less than a tenner
joedastudd9 h, 0 m ago

The Microsoft av is still terrible in comparison to pretty much any av on …The Microsoft av is still terrible in comparison to pretty much any av on the market.Has slight periods of being ok in the ranks then regularly dips into chocolate fireguard territory.

The security podcasts say only Microsoft should be used as they have a vested interest in keeping there system safe. Antivirus is deeply embedded and you have to trust its secure and not vulnerable to attack. I have had 2 virus attacks both while using norton, my own fault! Just run security updates and if you must install anti virus use Microsoft free. Common sense is the best defence. The problem is we were rightly told for years to buy antivirus and there is a market depending on keeping advertising and sales going. Guess you got to do what you feel is best or it may keep you awake worrying, but I don't bother at all with it. Create users login accounts and lock them down. Don't run as admin for a start.
joedastudd9 h, 18 m ago

The Microsoft av is still terrible in comparison to pretty much any av on …The Microsoft av is still terrible in comparison to pretty much any av on the market.Has slight periods of being ok in the ranks then regularly dips into chocolate fireguard territory.

lets be real though, unless you are a muppet on the internet then an antivirus shouldn't be required for the majority of the time. i've used microsoft defender on all my computers in the past 3 years (with malware bytes as an ad-hoc scan) and never had an issue.
If you don't mind Use Avast. I am utilizing it from 2013 and I am content with it. Microsoft is my first choice. Additionally, without question, a substantial segment of the buddies agree with me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants