Groups

Antivirus XP 2008

I appear to have acquired a very aggressive self installed program that has taken over my PC. It purports to be an XP antivirus but I can't uinstall it and it pops up all the time. It's even wiped my wallpaper. Does anybody know how I can rid my machine of this? Help.

12 Comments

windowsvistaplace.com/xp-…val

Everything you need should be in there

(I'm assuming you have XP)

Hope that helps.

This is how I got rid of it on a mates computer go down to the malwarebytes section download and run that, and it will solve your problem
    bleepingcomputer.com/mal…008

Predikuesi;2977403

http://www.adwarealert.com/glossary_details.php?ID=134030

Link doesn't work for me.

Shadows1990;2977422

Fine here! :thumbsup:

cuzzy;2977446

Fine here! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, doesn't work in Opera, IE8 or Firefox.
    I will have to take your word for it, and hope it's on my end.

Shadows1990;2977422

I wonder why?:thumbsup: I have heard that some of these rogue programs stop you getting to sites where you can kill them.

[url]www.superantispyware.com/[/url] got rid of my virus

All u need is MalwareBytes gets rid of it str8 away. Ive used this on alot of pcs.

hers a guide to doing it your self wo installing anything else

spyware-techie.com/how…09/

bit more complex but safer

i had this and also someone i know did too and im pretty sure MalwareBytes sorted the problem out for me, its a nasty little virus/spyware,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27136
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764706
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4892398
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214171

See more discussions