Ants in Spring- how to deter?

Found 26th AprEdited by:"SCuboid"
These things seem to come out habitually every yr, how can I ward them off and prevent them from coming again?! Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Set Ant traps now.
I am having the same problem and I’ve already found 5 this week. Traps/bait are down but they never seem to work no matter which ones I try, even the powder. I’ll be following this hoping for some good advice.
I use traps and make sure u Hoover any dust etc... where they come and go. Think they are very hard to stop coming back.
Boiling hot water
Ant powder
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Apr
cmdr_elito4 m ago

Any poweder

I give up.... what does that mean..... talcum ??
Edited by: "steve.t" 26th Apr
Boiling hot water is a quick method..
gotta kill the nests. find them and boiling water several times over them as they go quite deep
discozohan5 h, 13 m ago

gotta kill the nests. find them and boiling water several times over them …gotta kill the nests. find them and boiling water several times over them as they go quite deep

How do you find them if they're under gaps in the floor?
I use this, and it does work, but of course does not finish off the 'nest' so dead ants everywhere

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
SCuboid1 h, 34 m ago

How do you find them if they're under gaps in the floor?

sorry thought they were coming from outside to inside your house. you may have to call in pest control see if they can assist
Magnifying glass for the kids, hours of fun.
Nippon liquid ant killer works well for me but still very difficult to completely eradicate.
Also, they really don't like neat washing up liquid.
Couple of aardvarks
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

Couple of aardvarks

Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 27th Apr
White vinegar and water 50/50 in a spray bottle and treat areas like the patio. For grass ant nests then plant a spade in the ground and lever open. Pour ant powder down opening and then close hole. Don't stamp on it! And avoid ant powder on the surface grass. If you catch the queen then nest will die
Edited by: "wayners" 27th Apr
hmm so they seem to be coming up from the washing machine pipework in the dining room, should I just spray the vinegar solution around there. Will this eradicate the queen?
SCuboid27th Apr

I use this, and it does work, but of course does not finish off the 'nest' …I use this, and it does work, but of course does not finish off the 'nest' so dead ants everywhere https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00757QH62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i can second that one, i used Wilko one was terrible didn't work, used this one, lot's of Ants came too it, then few days later no Ants
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants