Groups

Any 10 bit HDR 40-50 inch tvs

Looking for a tv around 40-50 inches but can't find any 10 bit panels in this screen size only 8 bit ones. Anyone recommend a decent one

7 Comments

Wait till boxing day /new year. Some of the discounts posted now are not even genuine. After Christmas there will be so many unwanted gifts flooding the market and genuine sales. No point in buying now unless to give as Christmas gift. But who knows pound may fall down further in relation to the the yua

The Samsung UE43KS7500 is probably the only option.

Don't worry about the difference between 8-bit and 10-bit, it's very minor (slightly less chance of banding) and there are far, far bigger differences in HDR implementations in areas like like brightness range and local dimming ability.

The good HDR TVs tend to start at 55" (58" for Panasonic) so if you can't go up to that then Samsung's KS series is best available. The KS7000, KS8000 and KS9000 are all available at 49" as well as the KS7500 at 43" and 49".

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Don't worry about the difference between 8-bit and 10-bit, it's very … Don't worry about the difference between 8-bit and 10-bit, it's very minor (slightly less chance of banding) and there are far, far bigger differences in HDR implementations in areas like like brightness range and local dimming ability.The good HDR TVs tend to start at 55" (58" for Panasonic) so if you can't go up to that then Samsung's KS series is best available. The KS7000, KS8000 and KS9000 are all available at 49" as well as the KS7500 at 43" and 49".

​I always thought there was a big difference in colours between a 8 bit and 10 bit. Which has the lowest input lag the Samsungs or Sony. My 1080p W905 is great so I want something like that. I really don't want to go over 50 inch for a TV.

neebsk

​I always thought there was a big difference in colours between a 8 bit a … ​I always thought there was a big difference in colours between a 8 bit and 10 bit.

Not really.

The range of colours is determined by the screens backlight. That's the gamut, colour space coverage etc.

The bit depth is a property of the LCD panel in front of the backlight and affects it's ability to manipulate those colours, particularly it's ability to switch between different colour spaces without banding. 8-bit with dithering is very good though and while it may be a distinguishing factor in a couple of years, right now other factors have a far more visible impact on HDR.

neebsk

Which has the lowest input lag the Samsungs or Sony. My 1080p W905 is … Which has the lowest input lag the Samsungs or Sony. My 1080p W905 is great so I want something like that. I really don't want to go over 50 inch for a TV.

Depends on the model and the mode (HDR, 4:4:4 or both) but they're all fairly decent for TVs, I don't think any of them go much over 1/20th of a second.

Original Poster

Leaning towards a KS7500 43 inch now, what model sony would you recommend? I've always been happy with the picture on their sets.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions