Any 80's kids about?

Found 28th Jan 2009
Just chatting to my other half about when we were kids (we both went to the same primary school), and we got onto the subject of clothing...

Does anyone remember when your jeans had transfers of the Flintstones on them?

Any what about reversible jumpers? I had an absolutely fab 101 dalmations one... it was sooo cool!!

And illuminous socks!?! My brother always had an odd pair of those on....

Anyone remember any other cool 80's things? Oh and PLEASE can someone find a piccy of a typical reversible jumper - my husband can't remember them at all.... he must have forgotton how totally cool I looked at our school disco when we were 10, as I wore mine then ;-)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
117 Comments

Banned

i was a 70's very early 80's child i remember things like chopper bikes and spangles

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;4214717

i was a 70's very early 80's child i remember things like chopper bikes … i was a 70's very early 80's child i remember things like chopper bikes and spangles

Oh I remember choppers - my neighbour had one and we all laughed at him, whilst riding past on our BMX's, hehehe! Little did we know it'd be worth a fortune now, and mega-cool, lol! :thumbsup:

fragaliciousbob;4214717

i was a 70's very early 80's child i remember things like chopper bikes … i was a 70's very early 80's child i remember things like chopper bikes and spangles

me too....left school in 1980....those were the days :-D

yes i had them jeans. lol

Was it the 80s where those snappy bracelets were out? I was an 80s child haha

I was born in the 80's!! i loved them tshirts. . . . . . .

http://www.novelty-t-shirts.net/tshirts/hypercolor.jpg

I was born 81.

popples, carebears. .

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;4214761

Oh, yea, I remember those - global hypercolour T-shirts, or something.... I had a red nose day one, but it just ended up constantly yellow, hehe! :oops:

I too had a reversible dalmations jumper - if i remember rightly it was slightly padded and had a large dog on one side and lots of small ones on the other? I too had transfers on my jeans. I also had a chopper bike (which I came off of and knocked my front teeth out!). I also remember bright sweatshirts with transfer prints on i.e. dogs etc.
My cousin always wore odd iluminous socks - things have gone full circle as they are back in fashion along with leg warmers!
I think the 80's were cool - the music too!

anyone remember green clause or simon and the witch ?

Banned

stig of the dump

pitkins

why dont you

fingerbobs

clangers

foxymissroxy;4214761

they where awesome:thumbsup:

i was born in 81

Lulu'sMammy;4214777

I was born 81.

shurrup you! :-D

Original Poster

sumoqueen;4214798

I too had a reversible dalmations jumper - if i remember rightly it was … I too had a reversible dalmations jumper - if i remember rightly it was slightly padded and had a large dog on one side and lots of small ones on the other? I too had transfers on my jeans. I also had a chopper bike (which I came off of and knocked my front teeth out!). I also remember bright sweatshirts with transfer prints on i.e. dogs etc.My cousin always wore odd iluminous socks - things have gone full circle as they are back in fashion along with leg warmers!I think the 80's were cool - the music too!

Yea, that's the same jumper I had! How cool were we?!??! One large on on the front, and loads on the other side... plus you could turn over the cuffs of the sleeves, and have the best of both worlds, eh, eh?!? :thumbsup:

And yea, they were totally padded - felt like you were wearing a sleeping bag or something...

Ah... that was when kids were kids, and dressed like kids. Now they just seem to wear the same stuff as adults, only smaller....

I had one also

fruit of the loom t shirts

i was an '83 child!

my faves. . .johhny briggs (bless remember him!)
bum bags ha ha they were sooooo cool lmao
tapes how many of us used to tape the top 40 despratly trying to cut out the stupid DJ!!! (i obviosly never breeched copyright laws!)
saved by the bell!!
and when we were a bit older came. . . **** bands!!

EDIT: how dare i forget roland rat and button moon!!!

Banned

staypress trousers

Best of times, loved everything about the 80's except spam bleedin fritters at school lol

Banned

The Jam / the style council sorry i had to mention them

fragaliciousbob;4214900

The Jam / the style council sorry i had to mention them

Quadrophenia :thumbsup:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/e971_1.jpghttp://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/eb42_1.jpg

Banned

choc1969;4214906

Quadrophenia :thumbsup:

yep as a mod i have the film and both versions of the album

bitseylango;4214914

I used to wear mine with a rara skirt and winkle pickers :w00t:

fragaliciousbob;4214917

yep as a mod i have the film and both versions of the album

stellar cast too

them neon gypsy tops. or ski pants

Banned

choc1969;4214929

stellar cast too

absolutly

Original Poster

Simon and the Witch was brill, yea.

Cartoons I loved were:

~ Mysterious Cities of Gold;
~ Willy Fogg - Around the World in 80 Days;
~ Dungeons and Dragons

I also loved these when I was very young:

~ Choc-a-bloc;
~ Bric-a-brac;
~ Wordy;
~ Let's Pretend

Does anyone remember Mr Noseybonk!? How scary was he?!?

http://bp2.blogger.com/_A-vyUTJnOjc/R_jriosyinI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/GH-tuNMBS44/s400/NoseybonkGrey.jpg

What about the Adventure Game too? That was awesome!!

Original Poster

bitseylango;4214914

Ahhh! That picture is fab!! :-D

fragaliciousbob;4214882

staypress trousers

and Harrington jackets :thumbsup:

Banned

shibi din;4214999

and Harrington jackets :thumbsup:

again as a mod i had a harrington jacket along with the green flight jacket

fragaliciousbob;4215017

again as a mod i had a harrington jacket along with the green flight … again as a mod i had a harrington jacket along with the green flight jacket

used to collect badges for my bfs jacket :oops: how sad lol

have yet to master the rubix cube :x

Sting the bell-boy :giggle:

i can remember as a child having a pair of jeans with a huge garfield transfer on them.

Banned

the TV program metal mickey

I wanted one of these - so glad my mum didn't buy me one ( I was only 9 at the time)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/leger6790/thriller-jacket-leatherback.jpg

alictait;4215161

I wanted one of these - so glad my mum didn't buy me one

I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch the video :w00t:

I thought he was so cool !!!

fragaliciousbob;4215132

the TV program metal mickey

Have a look on you tube - so sad now,

What about Alf, now Alf was cool!
Post a comment
@
    Text