any advice about B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 or B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 or 500 SE ROAD BIKE i am thinking to buy one ?

Found 29th May 2015
hello everyone i am thinking to buy a B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 ROAD BIKE or B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 ROAD BIKE has anyone got any of those bikes and would you recommend them to me as i had a specialized secateur triple 2014 which was stolen and i am very sad. so i came across those two bikes so please help me and advice me if they are alternative to the specialized that i had before ? maybe not but at least help me and advice me cheers.

Note : My height is 183 what size would it be good for me cheers.
links for the

B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 ROAD BIKE : decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml

and

B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 ROAD BIKE : decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml

and

B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 SE ROAD BIKE: decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml
Community Updates
10 Comments
I recently bought the triban 500, its a really good bike for the price, had to change the stem as the one that came with was a little long, I'd go with the 500se though if i was to buy again worth the cash for the carbon fork. All in all the b'twin bikes are good bang for your buck.
Original Poster
johntoday

I recently bought the triban 500, its a really good bike for the price, … I recently bought the triban 500, its a really good bike for the price, had to change the stem as the one that came with was a little long, I'd go with the 500se though if i was to buy again worth the cash for the carbon fork. All in all the b'twin bikes are good bang for your buck.

john thank you so much you really made me happy for your reply so what you mean if you had the chance you would go for the 500se ? how much does your weight and did you have to do anything else to it or spend any other money ?
its pretty light not sure on the exact weight but its a lot lighter than my last road bike. I've not spent anything but the £15 for the new stem, I'll probably upgrade the tyres in a few months but that'll only be another £20. I'd go for the 500se as it'll probably be discontinued soon there's a ton of amazing reviews for it online
Original Poster
johntoday

its pretty light not sure on the exact weight but its a lot lighter than … its pretty light not sure on the exact weight but its a lot lighter than my last road bike. I've not spent anything but the £15 for the new stem, I'll probably upgrade the tyres in a few months but that'll only be another £20. I'd go for the 500se as it'll probably be discontinued soon there's a ton of amazing reviews for it online

john thanks again mate well i think i will think about what you told me because i would trust you as a user but i will wait a bit to see what the others would say and again you are a start mr john god bless and cheers.
They are very good bikes and excellent value for money.

Are you near a decathlon store? Go in and try them.
You can't really do a fit just from your height - it depends on your leg and arm lengths - always better to try them.
Edited by: "mas99" 30th May 2015
Original Poster
mas99

They are very good bikes and excellent value for money.Are you near a … They are very good bikes and excellent value for money.Are you near a decathlon store? Go in and try them.You can't really do a fit just from your height - it depends on your leg and arm lengths - always better to try them.

hi mas thanks for your reply so you mean if i go to them they can let me ride and test their bikes ?
BeaSTxUK

hi mas thanks for your reply so you mean if i go to them they can let me … hi mas thanks for your reply so you mean if i go to them they can let me ride and test their bikes ?

Yes. I've always found them a very helpful company to deal with.
Original Poster
mas99

Yes. I've always found them a very helpful company to deal with.

thank you again you really helped me a lot then in that case i am going to pay them a visit and find out which bike i will go for cheers again you are a legend ;).
And their after service is excellent too. I bought a Rockrider a few year ago and had a couple of problem, and everytime had it fixed no question asked.
Original Poster

Comment

jeannot18

And their after service is excellent too. I bought a Rockrider a few year … And their after service is excellent too. I bought a Rockrider a few year ago and had a couple of problem, and everytime had it fixed no question asked.

Thank you Jean I am tempted I will go and pay them a visit and get my bike thanks a lot for your lovely advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants