Groups

Any advice - dropped ds in water screen is blank

my sn dropped my other sons ds in a bowl of water i have taken the battery out and had it n the radiatr all night, just tried it and the screens still have water behind them, one works the other is completely blank, is there any hope or has it had its day?

11 Comments

Which one is blank ?

Original Poster

the top screen the bit you pull up to open it

Wrap In A Towel And Put It In Airing Cupboard And Leave For As Long As Possible 3-5 Days My Friend Had The Same Problem And This Worked He Left It For A Week And Now Its Working Great
    How This Works

I fix DS's as a hobby .....done loads of them.

They can be completely stripped down in a couple of hours with a little patience.

You could take it apart and dry it off completely if Millhouse's suggestion doesn't work above.

Worst case is an upper screen costs about £8 from Dealextreme.com but there is soldering involved and very delicate ribbon cables to play about with.

So unless your familiar with electronics i'd find someone in the know to repair ir ...if it comes to that.

let the DS RIP at the bottom of the fish bowl. It will make a good playground for them. Then buy a new one for the one you ruined! The kid will be in tears...shame on you..lol :w00t:

Carley;3469545

Would you fix my son's for a fee? it got saturated with lager during a … Would you fix my son's for a fee? it got saturated with lager during a camping trip! it still turns on and plays games that don't need the touch screen but the touch screen doesn't work anymore and you can see some liquid behind the screens.

Possibly !

I live in Scotland so we'd have to work out postage etc, so it would be cost effective for you. :thumbsup:

Where you live ?

Mecoconuts;3469447

I fix DS's as a hobby .....done loads of them.They can be completely … I fix DS's as a hobby .....done loads of them.They can be completely stripped down in a couple of hours with a little patience.You could take it apart and dry it off completely if Millhouse's suggestion doesn't work above.Worst case is an upper screen costs about £8 from Dealextreme.com but there is soldering involved and very delicate ribbon cables to play about with.So unless your familiar with electronics i'd find someone in the know to repair ir ...if it comes to that.

There isn't any soldering involved in changing the screen.
    There is fiddly ribbon cables and connectors though and I wouldn't recommend you do it unless you are sure of what you are doing. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

so any idea of any shops that will fix it? i dont want to chance messing about with it, the furthest i have got is unsrewing the battey and taking that out

Speak with Mecoconuts. He might do a deal with you.

Mecoconuts;3469920

Possibly ! I live in Scotland so we'd have to work out postage etc, so it … Possibly ! I live in Scotland so we'd have to work out postage etc, so it would be cost effective for you. :thumbsup:Where you live ?

Hey I need a ds and a dslite fixed - both been dropped, have cases from dealextreme -which part of Scotland are you? I'm between Aberdeen and Dundee.....just I have two 3 year olds so hands are full with them and household stuff!

Nikki

nikkiandmidgets;3475610

Hey I need a ds and a dslite fixed - both been dropped, have cases from … Hey I need a ds and a dslite fixed - both been dropped, have cases from dealextreme -which part of Scotland are you? I'm between Aberdeen and Dundee.....just I have two 3 year olds so hands are full with them and household stuff!Nikki

Yep should be no problem. PM sent ! :thumbsup:

Jumpingphil.....there IS soldering involved for the DS Lite to change the upper screen as you have to swap the speakers over between screens ! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?56
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27125
      3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379

See more discussions