Any advice for choosing a bathroom suite?

Posted 13th Sep
So I'm about to buy an entire new bathroom suite (for someone to fit for us) but other than knowing what I want to buy (i.e. the style and items) I don't really know where to start in terms of who to buy from, what to look out for/avoid, how best to save money etc....
Does anyone have any tips?? I'm looking for mid-range - i.e. not cheap rubbish but nothing extravagant
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
We got ours from Victoria plum, and some taps from Victorian Plumbing. Worth a look if you’re unsure
Edited by: "MAndrews90" 13th Sep
MAndrews9013/09/2020 17:07

We got ours from Victoria plum, and some taps from Victorian Plumbing. …We got ours from Victoria plum, and some taps from Victorian Plumbing. Worth a look if you’re unsure

Thanks - you're not the first person to mention Victoria Plum - they look pretty good
Just bought one from Victoria plumb too. Got the tiles from Wickes. Go someone to fit it starting tomorrow. The wait time on the bath suite was about 8 weeks.
Just make sure you get all the metal parts stainless or similar.
Dont buy anothing less then Grohe taps etc. they easily clean, look good and do not corrode if you get limescale on them.

The movements are sweet and staty working well!
Speak to your plumber. I'm in the same situation and our plumber has recommended a local shop.
If we buy through them and there is a problem, the plumber will sort it. If we buy online or elsewhere and there is a problem, we have to sort it.
The shop he has recommended is pretty decent, so I'm happy enough to take his advice.

groenleader13/09/2020 18:18

Dont buy anothing less then Grohe taps etc. they easily clean, look good …Dont buy anothing less then Grohe taps etc. they easily clean, look good and do not corrode if you get limescale on them. The movements are sweet and staty working well!

I haven't chosen Grohe taps, but will look into it - thanks
Make sure your taps are suitable for the water pressure in your property.

I had bought grohe taps for high pressure but only cold water supply is high pressure so cold water out the tap comes out lovely but hot water is a bit of a trickle.
Edited by: "ran123ran" 13th Sep
Another one for Victoria Plumb. We bought their absolute cheapest suite (we were desperate) & had a slight issue with one of the plugs. CS were great & sent a new one straight away
Edited by: "Littlemunckin" 13th Sep
It’s easy to chose the wrong things - ask your fitter for his recommendations to get good ideas about quality etc.Ours is being started tomorrow!
Make sure to check everything delivered down to a T. Left right hand versions, broken mirrors in boxes. Clips for panels. Wastes. Normally happens and adds so much hassle to the job.

Used to work at a plumbers merchant for many years, but they just can’t compete with online prices. Brother just got a full bathroom shower bath set for around £700. Was probably £300 cheaper than what I could get with mates rates. Victoria Plum I think he used.

He has an issue with the order and it was an absolute nightmare during later stages of lock down. They turned their phones off and were only responding to emails 48/72 hours. Not ideal when a bathroom is ripped out.
victorianplumbing.co.uk/pal…056

Victorian Plumbing it was actually. All good apart from the phone issue. I can understand furloughed workers and what not but having to wait 48/72 for a response which should have been a 2 minute call Is ridiculous. Once responded had to wait another 48/72.

there is a 5% discount kicking about for that site I believe
looking for bathroom mirrored wall cabinets if anyone can recommend any good ones but inexpensive. looking for 3 in various sizes. thanks
groenleader13/09/2020 18:18

Dont buy anothing less then Grohe taps etc. they easily clean, look good …Dont buy anothing less then Grohe taps etc. they easily clean, look good and do not corrode if you get limescale on them. The movements are sweet and staty working well!

I will look into this. I've never had taps corrode until recently. It was a expensive one as well. The hot water side broke off and when I looked inside it was full of limescale. Thanks
Edited by: "MR1123" 14th Sep
We bought Tavistock Match Vanity unit, it's at the higher end but looks fantastic. Buy from your local bathroom supplier rather than online. At least that way its easier to sort if things go wrong!
EN1GMA14/09/2020 08:17

looking for bathroom mirrored wall cabinets if anyone can recommend any …looking for bathroom mirrored wall cabinets if anyone can recommend any good ones but inexpensive. looking for 3 in various sizes. thanks

Ive ordered a unit and mirror combo from these guys are was impressed.

bathroom4less.co.uk/fur…asp
Post a comment
@
    Text