Groups

Any advice on buying Dollars $$$$ ?

I get to travel quite a bit and normally check:
    MSE travel money maximiser, Marks & Spencer & Cheque Centre for my dollars, shopping around can make a big difference especially when buying $1000's.

Has anyone got any other advice on exchanging?

I have heard about the Nationwide card with no fees, but anything else?

Thanks in advance!

13 Comments

This site gives up to date comparisons and is quite good:
    comparetravelmoney.co.uk/
    A lot of them make use of pre-ordering money for delivery at certain times and you get better rates.
    Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3106706

Would you like to take me on your travels?

:thumbsup: Bring plenty of $$$$!

Original Poster

Reddwarfposse5;3106695

This site gives up to date comparisons and is quite … This site gives up to date comparisons and is quite good:http://www.comparetravelmoney.co.uk/A lot of them make use of pre-ordering money for delivery at certain times and you get better rates. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Nice one! never seen this one before!:thumbsup:

You often get better deals in-country. and then you don't have to travel with it...

I recently went on holiday and bought a pre-paid mastercard from ]caxton fx. The card cost £10 but this is added to your balance once you load your card (minimum £100). Whatever exchange rate you are quoted when loading is the fixed rate you will get for that money loaded. You get the choice of a Dollar or Euro card. There are no transaction fees apart from withdrawing money from a cash machine.

We used our dollar card in Tunisia and only ever got charged for withdrawing cash which was $3 per withdrawal. Everything else was fee free.

Original Poster

umanga;3107140

I recently went on holiday and bought a pre-paid mastercard from ]caxton … I recently went on holiday and bought a pre-paid mastercard from ]caxton fx. The card cost £10 but this is added to your balance once you load your card (minimum £100). Whatever exchange rate you are quoted when loading is the fixed rate you will get for that money loaded. You get the choice of a Dollar or Euro card. There are no transaction fees apart from withdrawing money from a cash machine.We used our dollar card in Tunisia and only ever got charged for withdrawing cash which was $3 per withdrawal. Everything else was fee free.

Thanks, will check it out! :thumbsup:

Natiowide account is the best option imo always seem to get a slightly better rate than anywere else too,great when you get back from your hols and you havent spent as much as you thought .

Original Poster

speedwaynut;3108000

Natiowide account is the best option imo always seem to get a slightly … Natiowide account is the best option imo always seem to get a slightly better rate than anywere else too,great when you get back from your hols and you havent spent as much as you thought .

Is it their current account card or credit card? and how do you know what rate you get? :?

ifyoudontask?;3108057

Is it their current account card or credit card? and how do you know what … Is it their current account card or credit card? and how do you know what rate you get? :?

I used their credit card and loaded it up before i went to Florida in June. You get the bank rate for that day and it varied for us between 1.93 and 1.96 dollars to the pound.

I have a caxtonfx euro card but they also do a US dollar one. Always the best rates
    ]http//ww…om/

Original Poster

Reddwarfposse5;3108096

I used their credit card and loaded it up before i went to Florida in … I used their credit card and loaded it up before i went to Florida in June. You get the bank rate for that day and it varied for us between 1.93 and 1.96 dollars to the pound.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3108127

I have a caxtonfx euro card but they also do a US dollar one. Always the … I have a caxtonfx euro card but they also do a US dollar one. Always the best rates]http://www.caxtonfxcard.com/

Thanks for the info!

Reddwarfposse5;3108096

I used their credit card and loaded it up before i went to Florida in … I used their credit card and loaded it up before i went to Florida in June. You get the bank rate for that day and it varied for us between 1.93 and 1.96 dollars to the pound.

i used current account, like you got a great daily bank rate, NO CHARGE at the atm for withdrawals so no need to carry lots of cash about with you.]http//ww…om/
    2 euro or 3$ charge per withdrawal at the atm not shure your getting the best rate with them either
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction66
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      3. Box Nation44
      4. iPhone x66

See more discussions