Any advice on camcorders and or MP3 recorders please

Found 19th May
Training as a therapist and need a way to record sessions that isn't my phone or tablet.

The sessions are recorded with the client's knowledge and permission and the recordings are viewed or heard in clinical supervision.

Sound quality is more important than picture quality. I'm undecided whether to just go for audio recording and an mp3 recorder or whether to go for video too.

so far for practices, I have used my Lenovo Yoga tab, however it has let me down by randomly stopping mid session so I've lost the first half of one appointment already.

I need to be able to easily charge the recorder, and easily identify the recordings by date and client.

I will need to review sessions so bookmarking and pause function are essential.

I don't even know if this is a thing, but adding passwords would be lovely.

i will be storing each clients' sessions together so ability to record straight to pen or sd card would be valuable. clients will typically attend 16 to 20 one hour sessions.

Help would be really appreciated. The coursework is hard enough without having to learn about tech as well!! xxx
Community Updates
AskCamcorderElectronics
6 Comments
On Amazon, the typical spec for about £20 seems to be 8GB (internal), 100 hours capacity (40 hours on recharge). USB connection for transfer, voice activated mode so it doesn't waste time on pauses - there are a few that can take cards and record, but very little detail given on their recording features as they are featured more as players than Dictaphone devices
Original Poster
Cheers Matt
These look ideal the way they plug straight into a usb

Don't suppose you have any views on camcorders do you and how much to spend for similar connectivity?
Really appreciate the help x
Your current problems may be down to the software you're using rather than your tablet. It's well worth trying alternative applications (you could let them record the TV to test out their reliability).

Which microphone are you using for your current setup? Presumably it would be best if you could plug that into the replacement device if it does turn out to be a hardware issue.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves3 h, 56 m ago

Your current problems may be down to the software you're using rather than …Your current problems may be down to the software you're using rather than your tablet. It's well worth trying alternative applications (you could let them record the TV to test out their reliability). Which microphone are you using for your current setup? Presumably it would be best if you could plug that into the replacement device if it does turn out to be a hardware issue.

I'm just using the video recorder in the camera on the tablet at the moment. The quality is fine for what I need, just seems to stop randomly.
Thanks for helping - I appreciate it x
Original Poster
Just been reading up online. Suspect 4gb may be maximum video size using tablet.
If it's recording to a card formatted in FAT32, it would be, as it's the maximum file size in FAT32
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions