Any advice on mattresses?

Found 18th Sep 2017
Any advice on mattresses? What is best memory foam or coiled ? Please share your experiences , knowledge.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Hey,

I had a tempur memory foam and used to get quiet hot on it..

We now have a Hypnos coil and I wouldn't go back to memory foam. It's really comfortable. Think it was £1250, we put it on interest free credit card and pay £25 a month on it.

One word of advice, buy it online not from a bed shop. They put interest within their prices.

I have one of these. sueno.co.uk/mat…ss/
Has a layer of memory foam on top of pocket springs.

Had it for just over 7 years now and it is as good as the day we bought it!

Best mattress I have ever owned and whenever I need another one will be purchasing again.

Buy whichever one you find comfortable. It's not an area when you want to skimp on your spending or buy untried. Getting the wrong mattress is a pain.

If you're worried about durability then that really just comes down to the quality of the materials and not their type. It's not something you can tell beforehand, but the mattress market is pretty competitive and there's isn't much junk around outside of ebay sellers and the like.

Ours is sprung, it retailed for £1500 but we got it trade. We also use a topper. Don't ask me why but it is comfortable. Personally I don't like the thought of the foam ones as I can't see how air can get around the body. I would as go to a reputable company like Dreams and try them out but sleeping one it the only real way to know. Ours has very deep buttons and you would think it would not be comfortable but I know when we sleep in other beds ours is far better.

PulisOut42 m ago

Personally I don't like the thought of the foam ones as I can't see how …Personally I don't like the thought of the foam ones as I can't see how air can get around the body.

The same way it gets through the thick layer of padding on top of the springs of your current mattress and the topper on on top of that.

Very personal thing. Go to a shop for a lie down...pretty easy shopping experience

EndlessWaves10 h, 1 m ago

The same way it gets through the thick layer of padding on top of the …The same way it gets through the thick layer of padding on top of the springs of your current mattress and the topper on on top of that.

Yes but they are not quilted are they, the dents where the buttons quilt our go in. This mean even when lying on it the will be an air gap. They use the fact the is no gap as a selling point saying it supports the whole body, I can't see how they would be comfortable but suppose it is.

I have this.. SOO comfy:

Magnificence Mattress - MATTRESS WORLD
The Magnificence Mattress is one of the highest specification mattresses that Hamseys offers.

It has 3000-pocketed springs for ultra responsive support with a generous 90mm layer of high density memory foam pillow top which gives a class leading edge to edge Zonal spring support that all results in one of the most comfortable mattresses out there!

This outstanding mattress is 34cm deep and does not even require turning over.

Firmness: Medium Firm

hamseys.co.uk/col…160
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions