Expired

Any advice on mobile networks.

Found 25th Sep 2017
So i’am currently with Vodafone and have been for many years as never bothered to swap about, but it’s got to the point I’m fed up with the constant call dropping and shocking customer service.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the other networks reliability and especially customer service please?

I must have Wi-fi calling so that limits me to the big players, but as I live in the arse end of nowhere I have no choice and whoever I go with the general coverage will be rubbish I’m aware of that.

I was particularly looking at O2 as they are cheaper than EE, and a previous thread someone recommended to stay away from Three.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Regardless of who you choose someone will have something to comlain about each network.

Im on 3, have been for about 8 months - Had to phone them just once and the problem was easily resolved.
its probably quite difficult for anyone on here to give you a right answer as we dont know where you live and signal strengths for the different networks in your area, best asking around family, friends and neighbors to see what they're on and how it performs. as regards to three i have been with them for 3 - 4 years now and i have had small areas where i dont get a signal but i have never had a problem with their customer service they have sorted most things for me via live chat
Edited by: "ding" 25th Sep 2017
Maybe get a sim only for a month on different networks to see who suits you the best.
I tested out O2 and Three temporary sims, also used Giff Gaff before, but EE was the best for service. GiffGaff was non-existent in the countryside. BT should provide a similar service given that they own EE now.
I joined Three from Vodafone, Three is terrible, poor coverage and slower 4g than Vodafone. Vodafone was much better but lame CS, Although they always eventually resolved any problems I had. They would often leave me frustrated.

Not had to deal with Three CS yet.
EE has pretty good signal in most areas, or at least better than the others. They also have wifi calling. Get a PAYG sim and test out the signal in your area. Their customer service is also very good.
deleted1597344
mutley16 m ago

EE has pretty good signal in most areas, or at least better than the …EE has pretty good signal in most areas, or at least better than the others. They also have wifi calling. Get a PAYG sim and test out the signal in your area. Their customer service is also very good.

I know EE signal is very patchy in the area and I don’t get any signal here, I know this as my neighbour is on EE. On the plus side they do offer Wi-fi calling which is a must. If CS is good then maybe I’ll give them a try.
Switched to three from EE, three signal is poorer, 4g is fast though, customer service is superb, one of the best I have dealt with.
When my contracts up I'm going back to EE, never had any issues with them other than their retention offer was poor compared to the deal three offered me.
As others have said, it all comes down to signal strength in the areas where you need it
dont discount the likes of plusnet, customer service is good and coverage should be on par with EE, but whatever you do dont get a contract until you have tried before you commit.
deleted1597344
eslick34 m ago

dont discount the likes of plusnet, customer service is good and coverage …dont discount the likes of plusnet, customer service is good and coverage should be on par with EE, but whatever you do dont get a contract until you have tried before you commit.

Thanks for the comments but Plusnet don’t offer Wi-fi calling so they are out of the question. I’ll just pick up a PAYG sim from EE & O2 tomorrow I think.
deleted159734425th Sep 2017

Thanks for the comments but Plusnet don’t offer Wi-fi calling so they are o …Thanks for the comments but Plusnet don’t offer Wi-fi calling so they are out of the question. I’ll just pick up a PAYG sim from EE & O2 tomorrow I think.

Why do you need WiFi calling
Edited by: "eslick" 25th Sep 2017
deleted1597344
eslick11 m ago

Why do you need WiFi calling

Because the signal is rubbish where I live. The only network service I can get is Vodafone 2G (possibly O2 but not sure). The Voda mast is down every other week and CS is extremely poor and I’m getting fed up with it, but because of the lack of signal I need a backup option of Wi-fi calling in case of emergencies.
Edited by: "deleted1597344" 25th Sep 2017
Living in the north of Scotland, I’m on 3 and get pretty decent signal everywhere. Even in the middle of the highlands! That said, coverage varies for Everyone. Ask around and see what friends and family have and find out who seems to keep the best coverage in your area. That’s what I did, and found most people on 3 were well covered in my area! WiFi calling is included with my 3 contract though
I moved to EE in May and although I have had problems with my phone eating up my data in the background by the Gig, EE have been very quick to give me extra data each month. I cannot get to the bottom of it, Huawei cannot get to the bottom of it but each time I call them they give an extra GB of data.

I phoned them last week as my monthly allowance had been used in just 12 days and he gave me 10GB to last till the end of the month and from this month I am getting an extra 3gb on my allowance each month.

The best customer service I have experienced for some time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions