Groups

Any alternative I can use for plasterboard tape?

Banned
    going to do a small patch on my ceiling and have put up the board but dont have any proper scrim tape. Anything else suitable?

going to use easyfill for plastering and its only 90cm by 60cm

cheers

14 Comments

If i was you i would go out and buy some scrim tape as nothing else will work

Original Poster Banned

Be/\/;6584862

If i was you i would go out and buy some scrim tape as nothing else will … If i was you i would go out and buy some scrim tape as nothing else will work

but do I actually need any tape at all for such a small bit of plasterboard (9mm)

it just looks like a bit of cotton lol

diy.com/diy…y=0

I guess this gets stuck to the pva bonding

Depends is it cracked ? If its just little bits then no but if its any cracks or joints that needs to be taped then yes

Pics will help

i wouldnt reccomend using anything other than scrim. other types of tape will show through the plaster or make it crack. will be alot harder to plaster over aswell.....you can get away with not scrimming a small board by waiting for the first coat to set then adding another thin coat, but it will most probably crack eventually.

overall youd be better off just buying some scrim to avoid any risks

Original Poster Banned

Be/\/;6584894

Depends is it cracked ? If its just little bits then no but if its any … Depends is it cracked ? If its just little bits then no but if its any cracks or joints that needs to be taped then yes :DPics will help

on their way :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

here ya go. thanks!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/DSCF1533.jpg

id put alot more screws in and yes u will need scrim tape for the joints.

Yep you will need it, but if you got any silcone sealant use that to bridge the gaps as its flexible you should not have any problems, it is harder but if you cant be bothered buying it! :-D

Also I go crazy with the black screws and the electric screwdriver!! lol (Need more especailly ceiling).

Original Poster Banned

Be/\/;6584998

id put a few more screws in and yes u will need scrim tape for the joints … id put a few more screws in and yes u will need scrim tape for the joints all around.

thanks but the board is glued along the coving edge (I know thats a bit of a bodge but its rock solid and I didnt want to remove coving to get to joist)
    Naeem786;6585005

Yep you will need it, but if you got any silcone sealant use that to … Yep you will need it, but if you got any silcone sealant use that to bridge the gaps as its flexible you should not have any problems, it is harder but if you cant be bothered buying it! :-DAlso I go crazy with the black screws and the electric screwdriver!! lol (Need more especailly ceiling).

Thanks - I will just use sealant then but its a pretty tight fit anyway (about 3mm gap).

rep to you both - thanks very much.

Should be fun plastering my first bit of ceiling but I've tried for months to get a plasterer down here but they cant fit the job in for months (3 didnt even turn up for the quote despite the insurance giving me a cheque for £495!).

No prblem just make sure they filled and overlap onto the board and smoothen it out (wallpaper scraper good) so leave a nice smooth finish! :thumbsup:

Hope you dont get a stiff neck, lol!

Original Poster Banned

Naeem786;6585069

No prblem just make sure they filled and overlap onto the board and … No prblem just make sure they filled and overlap onto the board and smoothen it out (wallpaper scraper good) so leave a nice smooth finish! :thumbsup:Hope you dont get a stiff neck, lol!

LOL - bound to. Getting on a bit :w00t:

Btw how did you get on with this lol :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

Bennn;6973309

Btw how did you get on with this lol :w00t:

all done and looks fine. My mates reckon a plastererer did it. That easyfill stuff is childs play. :thumbsup:

Lmfao
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions