Any alternative to GRABIT that doesnt use 100% CPU?

Banned
Grabit uses 100% cpu when running so any alternatives please.

Thanks.

13 Comments

Alt Binz is what I use

altbinz.net/

Edit

I'm assuming you want this for Usenet

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;6296842

Alt Binz is what I usehttp://www.altbinz.net/EditI'm assuming you want … Alt Binz is what I usehttp://www.altbinz.net/EditI'm assuming you want this for Usenet

Is Usenet the generic term for newsgroups?

will give altbinz a go once I uninstall grabit.

grabit conflicts with kaspersky so wont use that anymore :thumbsup:

thanks

Original Poster Banned

ooops! My bad - just added grabit.exe to trusted apps and turned off scan of network traffic within kaspersky and cpu down to 30%

Thanks anyway Barney.

csiman;6296873

Is Usenet the generic term for newsgroups?

For what most people use it for the answer is yes :thumbsup:

csiman;6296880

ooops! My bad - just added grabit.exe to trusted apps and turned off scan … ooops! My bad - just added grabit.exe to trusted apps and turned off scan of network traffic within kaspersky and cpu down to 30%Thanks anyway Barney.

Solved

solved... good.

I was just going to say that I have never seen my cpu get to 100% because of grabit... Only problem I have is when I am trying to watch something from the harddrive while downloading... especially high def stuff seems to stutter... But apart from that grabit is good.

Original Poster Banned

zish_uk;6296989

solved... good.I was just going to say that I have never seen my cpu get … solved... good.I was just going to say that I have never seen my cpu get to 100% because of grabit... Only problem I have is when I am trying to watch something from the harddrive while downloading... especially high def stuff seems to stutter... But apart from that grabit is good.

yep, kaspersky must have been scanning big time as speeds are constant at 10mbps! :w00t:

why I stuck with utorrent all this time is embarrasing! :oops:

6 mins to download a tv episode :w00t:

csiman;6297025

yep, kaspersky must have been scanning big time as speeds are constant at … yep, kaspersky must have been scanning big time as speeds are constant at 10mbps! :w00t:why I stuck with utorrent all this time is embarrasing! :oops:6 mins to download a tv episode :w00t:

Awesome...

Getting my 50mb BB from virgin on Thursday... cant wait to see what the download speeds are...

Do you know if the virginmedia newsgroups will still work on the 50mb BB?

Original Poster Banned

zish_uk;6297072

Awesome... Getting my 50mb BB from virgin on Thursday... cant wait to see … Awesome... Getting my 50mb BB from virgin on Thursday... cant wait to see what the download speeds are...Do you know if the virginmedia newsgroups will still work on the 50mb BB?

sorry, no idea

zish_uk;6297072

Awesome... Getting my 50mb BB from virgin on Thursday... cant wait to see … Awesome... Getting my 50mb BB from virgin on Thursday... cant wait to see what the download speeds are...Do you know if the virginmedia newsgroups will still work on the 50mb BB?

Yeah they do and you can download a 700mb 'tv episode' in about 2-3 minutes.

Shengis;6299594

Yeah they do and you can download a 700mb 'tv episode' in about 2-3 … Yeah they do and you can download a 700mb 'tv episode' in about 2-3 minutes.

Shengis... Thats awesome... cant wait...

Rep for you... thanks

zish_uk;6299636

Shengis... Thats awesome... cant wait...Rep for you... thanks

I give it 2 weeks before you get totally bored with the speed. I lasted a lot less :lol:

lol... I am not a heavy downloader but it will be good to be able to download highdef stuff 5x quicker...

I just hope they dont throttle the speeds like the currently do for me on 10mb...

Original Poster Banned

zish_uk;6299770

lol... I am not a heavy downloader but it will be good to be able to … lol... I am not a heavy downloader but it will be good to be able to download highdef stuff 5x quicker...I just hope they dont throttle the speeds like the currently do for me on 10mb...

no throttling at all on 50mb. yet.......................................;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614062
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523398
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…77
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185922

See more discussions