Any alternatives to eBay?

Hi guys- I've read a few posts over time on HUKD where members have highlighted alternative auction sites to eBay.

I'm wondering if anyone has any particular recommendations, just for general buying/selling/having a nose around.

Don't know what you all think, but looking at eBay over the past few weeks, I think a lot of what I would call 'normal' sellers, i.e. joe public selling his unwanted goods, are lower in numbers, probably because of all the new changes & rules. It seems to now be more eBay shops, traders & seemingly more scammers!

Anyway, thanks in advance & rep left for all good suggestions.

Col.

15 Comments

Banned

ebid?

[url]www.tazbar.com[/url]

Tazbar
didn't see the above post !

Your local paper?

Original Poster

cheers guys- worth a go i reckon just for a change.

reps added.

Original Poster

tony_s1;1844946

Your local paper?

I live in Cornwall, my local paper is full of tractors. land rovers & boats!

cheers anyway.

karaokecolin;1844973

I live in Cornwall, my local paper is full of tractors. land rovers & … I live in Cornwall, my local paper is full of tractors. land rovers & boats!cheers anyway.

Be the first to advertise something different then.

not quite an auction site but there is gumtree.com/

Original Poster

tony_s1;1845010

Be the first to advertise something different then.

Good idea but the problem is that is all they seem to buy! Oh yeah-and pasties & I've got none of them to sell either!

Google checkout?

united002;1845253

not quite an auction site but there is http://www.gumtree.com/

I've used that site a few times just comes out with loads of time wasters. Even get the odd email of someone randomly swearing at me sending me death threats because i'm selling something :w00t:

what about cex?

The only problem is that with eBay being so popular even to non-regular computer users that there'll always be more potential customers who see your items for sale on eBay. Their fees are a bit of a rip off but people realise that this is something you just have to get on with if you want the most custom.

have started using buyitsellitwantit site for usa market no fees but alot less viewing traffic. Ebay is an expensive marketplace am looking forward to the day something rivals its market share
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word survey69
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1222
    3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
    4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions