Any Archos 604 with Travel Adaptor Owners?

6 replies
Found 8th Aug 2008
I'm hoping somebody can help as i'm about to throw the damn thing through the window.
I have a Archos 604 media player and have just bought a travel adaptor for it which SHOULD allow me to connect it to my TV etc. however, no matter what i try, 2 different TVs, all the settings i can think of on the Archos, latest firmware etc. I cannot get anything out of it, no picture for the archos on the tv or vice versa. Was going to try archosfanforums but it's down.
Has anyone got any experience with these and know of something i may be doing wrong or have i got a duff adaptor/Archos?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

Original Poster

not for me, i get
Information [SIZE=2]Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.[/SIZE]
:x

will have a look for you

Original Poster

choc1969;2702888

will have a look for you

thanks ever so much

littlesheepy;2702861

not for me, i getInformation [SIZE=2]Sorry, but this board is currently … not for me, i getInformation [SIZE=2]Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.[/SIZE]:x

Woork for me too....

Is this any goo dfor you...

Q: Will the plug on the Archos itself output video?

A: Yes, the headphone jack on the Archos will output video as well as audio if you use the correct cable. Archos sells a cable which will do the trick and a few other players use cables compatible with the Archos including the Creative ZEN Vision/VisionM, IBOOK, and Cowon. So one of their cables will work as well. One thing to be aware of is that the VIDEO IPOD PLUG WILL NOT WORK.

Thanks to yjokd for this info.

Original Poster

guru_the;2703099

Woork for me too....Is this any goo dfor you...Q: Will the plug on the … Woork for me too....Is this any goo dfor you...Q: Will the plug on the Archos itself output video? A: Yes, the headphone jack on the Archos will output video as well as audio if you use the correct cable. Archos sells a cable which will do the trick and a few other players use cables compatible with the Archos including the Creative ZEN Vision/VisionM, IBOOK, and Cowon. So one of their cables will work as well. One thing to be aware of is that the VIDEO IPOD PLUG WILL NOT WORK. Thanks to yjokd for this info.

You wonderful person. I didn't know that :thumbsup: Plus, that outputs video and audio to my TV. Meaning either the travel adaptor or the connector on my archos isn't working. However i use the connector with another cable to both charge and connect to my computer. Could the connector work for one thing but not another or does it mean it's the travel adaptor!?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50423
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions