Expired

Any artsy types know the best places for ..experience?

7 replies
Found 29th Dec 2009
Hello, after seeing the thread about working from home I was wondering if any arty types know of the best places to do volunteer, work experience type work?

Aside from galleries..and other obvious places.

Looking for something interesting...but nothing much happens in North Yorks!!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Schools, theatres??

Original Poster

MAIA;7362393

Schools, theatres??

Theatres I knew of, But I hadn't actually considered schools... would need some sort of 'Can work with kids' thing wouldn't I though (shows my knowledge on protocol :oops:)

any landscape gardening companies around may be good, or see if any art therapists in local trust that may be able to either give you some experience or point you in the right direction. school technicians may be a good option as they have plenty of experience and interesting things to pass on.

You would need the screening for working with children. Can't remember exactly what its called, unfortunately they charge for the this and it can take a couple of months.

Banned

yorkshire sculpture park? very cool place : )

Original Poster

128plant;7363556

any landscape gardening companies around may be good, or see if any art … any landscape gardening companies around may be good, or see if any art therapists in local trust that may be able to either give you some experience or point you in the right direction. school technicians may be a good option as they have plenty of experience and interesting things to pass on.

Thanks, I may look into a couple of those ideas.. Not thought of the gardening idea, might be interesting.. but as below for the school technician. Probs the same for colleges/uni's... (needing some sort of screening)

MAIA;7363563

You would need the screening for working with children. Can't remember … You would need the screening for working with children. Can't remember exactly what its called, unfortunately they charge for the this and it can take a couple of months.

yes, I thought I would....hmm, not sure if it is worth it, as in the long run I don't want to work with kiddies. Thanks.

tangramman;7363718

yorkshire sculpture park? very cool place : )

That's true, but I would have trouble getting there atm..thanks for that idea though!

We have quite a few volunteers at our school and all say they enjoy it! (It's a Secondary). You would need an Enhanced CRB check but, at our school anyway, we pay for this to be done for our volunteers.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options66
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person33
    4. MacBook44

See more discussions