Groups

Any AV experts out there? Sky+ to Onkyo 606 connection query

Just been hooking up my new Onkyo TX-SR606 AV Amp, prior to the delivery of my new TV & Blu Ray Player. I should be able to connect my Sky+ box via S-Video & output the sound via Optical. I've plugged the S-video and Optical cables into the Onkyo amp expecting it to output via HDMI. Doesn't seem to work. I'm sure I have missed something obvious, but after a day of switching cables between various components my brain is fried!! Anyone got any ideas?

3 Comments

There is a setting called HDMI monitor, make sure this is turned on. Also make sure that you connect the S-Video into the correct input, i.e. VCR/DVR if that's the one you are using. As you say, the 606 will de-interlace analogue sources and output via HDMI

Original Poster

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Had enough for one day though. I'll give it a go in the morning when my brain starts working again:)

I have the 605 which is very similar. A fine amp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277959
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.1820
      3. word association Game72944190
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565

See more discussions