Groups

Any bands like Arctic Monkeys?

I just started listening to there 2 albums and love them. Is there any bands that are similar? Have to be English though

Cheers

79 Comments

The last shadow puppets are similar but softer. Love there first album.

Original Poster

Adam2050;5417431

The last shadow puppets are similar but softer. Love there first album.

Softer? Ok i'll download it now and see what i think!

Any others?

From iTunes of course

How about the kooks? or Pidgeon Detectives?

RuthIess;5417442

Softer? Ok i'll download it now and see what i think!Any others?From … Softer? Ok i'll download it now and see what i think!Any others?From iTunes of course

Cracking album. Got the main singer from Artic Monkeys and his mate. Sorry I'm garbage at remembering facts when it comes to bands.

Original Poster

Ok im cracking on with it.

I got the Kooks first album not listened to it yet my mate loves them. Just gonna stick them all on my Touch HD and put shuffle so i get a bit of everything

Original Poster

Adam whats there first album called mate?

here are some similar sort of bands id suggest (that i personally like too)
    Bloc Party
    The Editors
    Franz Ferdinand
    Interpol
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Kasabian
    Maximo Park
    Muse
    Razorlight
    The Fratellis
    The Hives
    The Killers
    The Kooks
    The Libertines
    The Pigeon Detectives
    The Strokes
    The Subways
    We Are Scientists

all straight from my collection

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;5417545

here are some similar sort of bands id suggest (that i personally like … here are some similar sort of bands id suggest (that i personally like too)Bloc PartyThe Editors Franz FerdinandInterpol Kaiser Chiefs Kasabian Maximo Park MuseRazorlight The Fratellis The Hives The Killers The Kooks The Libertines The Pigeon DetectivesThe Strokes The Subways We Are Scientistsall straight from my collection

Nice i dont like Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand but im gonna get:

The Pigeon Detectives
    The Strokes
    The Killers
    Bloc Party
    The Editors
    Razorlight

and go from there. BTW I have a few or The Libertines Albums already :thumbsup:

RuthIess;5417530

Adam whats there first album called mate?

The age of the understatement

Original Poster

Adam2050;5417573

The age of the understatement

Nice grab that first. Will rep you all in a sec

If i like ill get the other one(s)

The Strokes and The Killers arn't English (Why do they have to be?)

If you want something thats totally chilling go with Fleet of Foxes.

try Little Man Tate & Reverend and The Makers both good northern bands

Original Poster

Goonieman;5417597

The Strokes and The Killers arn't English (Why do they have to be?)

Well British. I hate American's

Original Poster

boothy;5417607

Cheers will try them now

Shirt fit nice by the way, but i look such a fag in it lol.

boothy;5417607

I was going to say Little Man Tate. Saw them play in Doncaster Market!

Adam2050;5417455

Cracking album. Got the main singer from Artic Monkeys and his mate. … Cracking album. Got the main singer from Artic Monkeys and his mate. Sorry I'm garbage at remembering facts when it comes to bands.

Miles Kane from the The Rascals, he used to be in a band called The Little Flames aswell, Arctic Monkeys actually supported The Little Flames when they first started out.

Original Poster

donnydude;5417639

I was going to say Little Man Tate. Saw them play in Doncaster Market!

No torrents found

Is Pidgeon Detectives album called Emergency? Its not moving no seeders

RuthIess;5417658

No torrents found :(Is Pidgeon Detectives album called Emergency? Its not … No torrents found :(Is Pidgeon Detectives album called Emergency? Its not moving no seeders

Just google Little Man Tate rapidshare and download with rapidshare as a free user

Original Poster

donnydude;5417694

Just google Little Man Tate rapidshare and download with rapidshare as a … Just google Little Man Tate rapidshare and download with rapidshare as a free user

Nicely nicely will do it now!

I love arctic monkeys, seen them live 4 times, but I hate last shadow puppets, snoozevile imo.

I like
    Kasabian
    Little man tate
    the courteeners
    the rifles (current fave)
    the brakes

Just remembered The Cribs. I would say they are most like the Arctic Monkeys

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5417757

I love arctic monkeys, seen them live 4 times, but I hate last shadow … I love arctic monkeys, seen them live 4 times, but I hate last shadow puppets, snoozevile imo.I like KasabianLittle man tatethe courteenersthe rifles (current fave)the brakes

Cool some new ideas thanx buddy. Will check them all out

dcx_badass;5417761

Nothing to do with this thread but the Pidgeon Detectives came into work … Nothing to do with this thread but the Pidgeon Detectives came into work back in January, they seemed like a good bunch.

Haha nice

Original Poster

donnydude;5417767

Just remembered The Cribs. I would say they are most like the Arctic … Just remembered The Cribs. I would say they are most like the Arctic Monkeys

Ok cool mate, i have started Men's Needs, Wonem's Needs, Whatever and The Cribs - The Cribs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5417757

I love arctic monkeys, seen them live 4 times, but I hate last shadow … I love arctic monkeys, seen them live 4 times, but I hate last shadow puppets, snoozevile imo.I like KasabianLittle man tatethe courteenersthe rifles (current fave)the brakes

As The Rifles are you fave atm i have started to download No Love Lost

RuthIess;5417784

Ok cool mate, i have started Men's Needs, Wonem's Needs, Whatever and The … Ok cool mate, i have started Men's Needs, Wonem's Needs, Whatever and The Cribs - The Cribs :thumbsup:

The New Fellas is an album you shouldn't miss by them. Its got the classic song Hey Scenesters on it.

Original Poster

donnydude;5417799

The New Fellas is an album you shouldn't miss by them. Its got the … The New Fellas is an album you shouldn't miss by them. Its got the classic song Hey Scenesters on it.

Ok ill have a look now. Cant believe no one said Hard-Fi

BTW Repped everyone who posted in here.

RuthIess;5417794

As The Rifles are you fave atm i have started to download No Love Lost

IMO 'the great escape' is a better album :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5417844

IMO 'the great escape' is a better album :thumbsup:

Ok ill grab that later, got loads on the go at the moment

Have you heard of Friendly Fires?

Original Poster

Nope they good and like Arctic Monkeys?

They are still Indie music, just with a bit of electronica thrown in, a really good up and coming new band, rated quite highly by the NME (although wel all know that is nothing to go by!)

Some other bands like Arctic Monkeys:
    Milburn
    White Lies

RuthIess;5417442

Softer? Ok i'll download it now and see what i think!Any others?From … Softer? Ok i'll download it now and see what i think!Any others?From iTunes of course

RuthIess;5417658

No torrents found :(Is Pidgeon Detectives album called Emergency? Its not … No torrents found :(Is Pidgeon Detectives album called Emergency? Its not moving no seeders

:whistling:

Banned

RuthIess;5417658

emergency is there 2nd album 1st was wait for me both are quality
    ChipSticks;5417757

arctic monkeys are my fav band but i also hate shadow puppets

RuthIess;5417784

Ok cool mate, i have started Men's Needs, Wonem's Needs, Whatever and The … Ok cool mate, i have started Men's Needs, Wonem's Needs, Whatever and The Cribs - The Cribs :thumbsup:

the cribs are one of the most underated bands around their brilliant my 2nd fav
    they sing modern way better than kaiser cheifs
    ryan jarman invented live 8:thumbsup:

Aqua.

Original Poster

I seeming to like The Reverend And The Maker atm. The Cribs stopped at 99.7%

Banned

what about the view

1st album - hats off to the buskers is really good
    2nd album - which bitch? gone a bit too scotish but still not bad

Banned

muse also
    they are arctic monkeys main rivals for most awards

Original Poster

rm13_hammer;5418234

what about the view 1st album - hats off to the buskers is really 2nd … what about the view 1st album - hats off to the buskers is really 2nd album - which bitch? gone a bit too scotish but still not bad

I'll check it out when the rest are finished mate.

Cheers + rep.

Original Poster

Just grabbed a few more

Cheers guys loving them all atm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
      3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914