Groups

Any Bars / Clubs that do 90s Music in Birmingham

Hi all. Long shot but I'm looking to organise at night out for a group of friends. we are all in to 90s music particularly R&B and hip hop.

Does anyone know any decent bars or clubs that have 90s themed night around Birmingham or midland area in general. We'd love to go on a Friday night if possible.

thanks in advance.

10 Comments

Banned

does the custard factory still do that sort of stuff?

If you walk along broad street you will find every sort of music and a few sights
    Edited by: "archer1204" 15th Mar

Banned

worth always checking code if that's still open they do a lot of themed nights I think but on broad Street you will have loads different bars with all sorts of different music cultures from pop to rap to dance etc

archer1204

If you walk along broad street you will find every sort of music and a … If you walk along broad street you will find every sort of music and a few sights

No one goes Broad Street anymore except the riff raff i thought. If the op hasn't been to Brum before i wouldnt recommend it. I reckon Colmore Row/Digbeth/St Paul's Sq

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I've only ever been on a night in in B'ham city once 10 years ago and can't for the life of me remember where exactly I went.

I've tried to check online and seems CODE (AIR) is currently closed.

As none of us live in Birmingham, it may be really difficult and perhaps disappointing if we tried walking the streets that night and couldn't find anywhere that has the 90s theme.

Someone recommended Bar One, but I can't seem to find it on google maps.

Flares on Broad Street plays 80's / 90's and of course the noughties ♬

truevine

Thanks everyone. I've only ever been on a night in in B'ham city once 10 … Thanks everyone. I've only ever been on a night in in B'ham city once 10 years ago and can't for the life of me remember where exactly I went. I've tried to check online and seems CODE (AIR) is currently closed.As none of us live in Birmingham, it may be really difficult and perhaps disappointing if we tried walking the streets that night and couldn't find anywhere that has the 90s theme. Someone recommended Bar One, but I can't seem to find it on google maps.

Be at One (as opposed to the similarly name all bar one) is just outside of New Street Station. Entrance is relatively discreet with only a neon sign above but not hard to miss as there is typically a queue later on.

20 Piccadilly Arcade, Birmingham B2

Really busy, nice atmosphere and the drinks are decent. Music will be a mix of modern and 90's but it is more on the cheesier side.

yelp.co.uk/biz…ham
    Edited by: "shepademus" 16th Mar

Tuesdays at reflex or tunnel club

Popworld will do 90s and a range of others years on a Friday

90s nights aren't going to do much hiphop or rnb though,

Jewellery quarter has some bars that do rnb
    And be at one above is ok too

Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 16th Mar

Original Poster

I marvel at how helpful people can be on this forum. This is the first question I've ever posted and I wasn't disappointed for what I thought was a trivial question.

Thanks a lot guys.
    Will check the recommended places out - better than going there blind.

If anyone thinks of anything else please fill free to add. (_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions