Groups

Any basketball fans here?, Very sad times.....

Allen Iverson has retired, such a shame, best little guy ever to play the game has to go out like this

24020 carreer points, Former MVP, Rookie of the year, 4 time scoring champion, 10 time allstar, 3 time all NBA first team, 3 time all NBA second team, All NBA 3rd team, 2 time all star game MVP

One of the best guys to play the game and never win a ring,

20 Comments

Original Poster

http://img2.allposters.com/images/PHO/bk_AAHT239_8x10.jpg

Nope.

How small is he?

Original Poster

Jack-L92;7011125

Nope.How small is he?

6ft, gonna miss the guy, will wear my nuggets jersey tonight in my game warm up

He was a great Basketball Player. And at 6 Foot, he was usually dwarfed by the other players, but he was usually faster and made a good player

Original Poster

this is a great vid of his early career

youtube.com/wat…hY0

Yes, very sad news. His competitive streak and ability to break the ankles of much bigger players was legendary. Good to see someone brought this up here, micoo.

sits69;7011134

Was reading about this on … Was reading about this on ASW:http://www.asternwarning.com/20091126358/articles/nba/we-talkin-bout-retirement.html

A couple of great video links on that link above -- his matchups with Jordan... thanks sits69.

Original Poster

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/allen-iverson-pistons-dunking-8x10-photo_1ab59edce7cee12b224efb6cfdfd5881.jpg

not bad for a wee guy :lol:

Banned

is he dead or something?

dimebars;7011893

is he dead or something?

Retired! :whistling:

Original Poster

dimebars;7011893

is he dead or something?

nope just retired but he was the best "little" guy to ever play the game and one of the best of the last 15 years

I'm a NBA fan.

PRACTICE?

HEH

the guy can still play but no team wants him. He just refuses to practice or accept a bench role. He could just do what Gary Payton did but AI's attitude caused his own downfall.

He'd be a great punch off the bench if he could accept that role...

It's a real shame that he couldn't get a title before going out. I'd love to see him destroy Tyrone Lue one last time.

Original Poster

mookie;7012342

He'd be a great punch off the bench if he could accept that role...It's a … He'd be a great punch off the bench if he could accept that role...It's a real shame that he couldn't get a title before going out. I'd love to see him destroy Tyrone Lue one last time.

haha :lol: tht was epic, theres no way he would take a reserve role but theres no team that can really give him the starting role he wants tht is actually a contending team, cavs maybe but do they have their MLE available? and even if he did go to cleveland, with lebron, shaq and AI on the same team there wouldnt be enough balls on the court lol

One situation I can see happening (which won't happen) is if the Spurs' injury problems continue. If Parker goes down, and Manu continues to have struggles, AI would be the perfect offensive punch in the backcourt. He's definitely not good for their system though.

I'd love to have him have a last crack in Philly. Why can't he fit there?

...oh yeah, and as for the Cleveland MLE situation, I'm not sure if they would have used that in one of the Leon Powe / Anthony Parker signings...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      3. Laptop 1060 gtx ?33
      4. Jury service1114

See more discussions