Groups

Any Bicycle Experts?

Im not sure what is wrong with my bike but when i lightly lift the bars, the bars and forks move from side to side. Any ideas what is wrong?

8 Comments

headset needs tightening...

Tighten your headest, could have came loose with a lot of use.

Make is your bike?

Could be headset is loose, or if the bike has done a good few miles might be a symptom of worn / missing / damaged bearings or bushes.

Unfortunately for a lot of headset work you need special spanners, and if you need to remove it altogether a press.

Would recommend taking it to a friendly local bike shop. If it's a simple tightening job they may do it there and then free of charge (or for a nominal fee). Anything more complicated and it would be cheaper to pay them to fix it, then buy the equipment you need to do the job.

HTH - Rufus.

RufusA;2226186

Unfortunately for a lot of headset work you need special spanners, and if … Unfortunately for a lot of headset work you need special spanners, and if you need to remove it altogether a press.

Or you need to be very handy with a length of dowel and a mallet :thumbsup:

RufusA;2226186

Unfortunately for a lot of headset work you need special spanners, and if … Unfortunately for a lot of headset work you need special spanners, and if you need to remove it altogether a press.

Not to tighten it depending on how the headset setup, I could of used an spanner or alan key to tighten mine.

J

If tyou can tighen your headset

Original Poster

ok ill try tightening the headset, thanks for everyones help
    the bike is a GT Chucker

Original Poster

thanks guys that seems to have done the trick, rep has been left for everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27136
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764706
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4892398
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214171

See more discussions