Any boiler experts here?

Posted 23rd Nov
3340012.jpg

Sure I’ll kick myself when I find the answer to this. I need to add some water to the boiler as it’s dropped to 0.5 bar. I’ve turned the knob with Stop written on it on the right of the pic but nothing happens. Am I going crazy but should there be another knob on the left hand side to start the flow of water? Sorry if this is massively obvious but I’m terrible with stuff like this. It’s a Valliant ecotec plus 824 if that helps!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Looking at the picture it looks loike the tap has been snapped off.

Watch video.

bigwheels23/11/2019 13:58

Looking at the picture it looks loike the tap has been snapped off.Watch …Looking at the picture it looks loike the tap has been snapped off.Watch video.[Video]

Yes I saw that video too and was wondering where my other tap was! Didn’t know if I was missing something
First tab missing and second looks snapped / damaged.
Think I’ll need an expert. Thanks for your help
have you turned the white knob anti-clockwise until you hear water enter the boiler? i found the filling valve on my boiler recently and when i turned it anticlockwise nothing happened so i turned it back. but then i tried it again, this time i turned it a few more turn anti-clockwise and then i could hear the water running into the boiler.
Use pliers for the missing tap.
39086176-WfEtc.jpg
Do you know why the boiler had lost pressure?
esar23/11/2019 15:01

Do you know why the boiler had lost pressure?

No. I just presumed it was because we have started using the heating now. In my old flat we had to top it up once a year around this time but that was really old school and had a proper rap underneath
BaronVonDouche23/11/2019 14:46

[Image]

Thanks. Definitely looks like I have a missing tap! Strange as it was inspected and passed in the summer with British Gas. Would have thought this would have been noticed (and the tap is nowhere to be seen!)
Paul201923/11/2019 15:12

Thanks. Definitely looks like I have a missing tap! Strange as it was …Thanks. Definitely looks like I have a missing tap! Strange as it was inspected and passed in the summer with British Gas. Would have thought this would have been noticed (and the tap is nowhere to be seen!)

Do you mean the plastic bit that goes over the tap to let you turn it by hand? (Can be bought separately)
esar23/11/2019 15:27

Do you mean the plastic bit that goes over the tap to let you turn it by …Do you mean the plastic bit that goes over the tap to let you turn it by hand? (Can be bought separately)

Yeah. I think there should be a second plastic bit on the left hand pipe. Looks like there was one but it’s snapped off
Paul201923/11/2019 15:11

No. I just presumed it was because we have started using the heating now. …No. I just presumed it was because we have started using the heating now. In my old flat we had to top it up once a year around this time but that was really old school and had a proper rap underneath

2 main reasons for drop is rads bled, and no water added, or (and this happened to me) there's a safety valve that releases the water pressure if things go bad, it goes to the outside.
It can start leaking, have you checked on the outside wall for an "overflow" looking pipe.
Mine looks.like this, but yours may differ
39086742-zKzV2.jpgIt's spring loaded, to set pressure marked on top.
You can release pressure in an emergency by twisting the knob (spring loaded too), but don't do it unless absolutely necessary as any sludge could stop it resealing properly
I can’t see any missing taps, the left pipe (your flow/return) will likely have a hex/Alan key hole in it? The flexible pipe at the back will likely be the top up link, have you checked around that?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions