Groups

Any 'brainboxes' up in here???... Need the definition of 'Theoretical Notions'

I've been asked to write 1000 words on the theoretical notions of social capital...

...But have no idea what 'theoretical notions' means - have Googled it but can't find much, if anything at all!!

14 Comments

Banned

Here's an idea: Pay more attention in class.

No need to thank me for the tip, that one's on me.

DanJackson;8334530

Here's an idea: Pay more attention in class. No need to thank me for the … Here's an idea: Pay more attention in class. No need to thank me for the tip, that one's on me.

If its uni realted you dont get everythingn on a silver platetr thers this mad notion that u have to do further reading outside of the class. its weird

Original Poster

DanJackson;8334530

Here's an idea: Pay more attention in class. No need to thank me for the … Here's an idea: Pay more attention in class. No need to thank me for the tip, that one's on me.

Which part of your comment was helpful???:?

I know about Social Capital... Just need to know what 'theoretical notions' are so I know what parts of the subject I should be expanding on.

Original Poster

dontasciime;8334498

http://www.pitt.edu/~machery/papers/machery_2007_studies.pdfhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure_and_agencyhttp://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VDD-43RC9S6-3&_user=10&_coverDate=04%2F01%2F2001&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1289590943&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=4f507478e63d363fa9e0f718bf4abb6fhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occams_razor[/url]http://www.springerlink.com/content/x57r767p85mk4137/

Thanks for your help, rep added :-D

Banned

shosie;8334537

If its uni realted you dont get everythingn on a silver platetr thers … If its uni realted you dont get everythingn on a silver platetr thers this mad notion that u have to do further reading outside of the class. its weird

I know. When I was at uni we had this MAD building. It was full of books. They were EVERYWHERE! Apparently if you went in there you could learn stuff. Mental. Never see it catching on because the kids these days are all "Facebooks this" and "Twittle that"

Banned

DanJackson;8334560

I know. When I was at uni we had this MAD building. It was full of books. … I know. When I was at uni we had this MAD building. It was full of books. They were EVERYWHERE! Apparently if you went in there you could learn stuff. Mental. Never see it catching on because the kids these days are all "Facebooks this" and "Twittle that"

Student today eh. Let anyone in!

Listening to a report on radio the other day about younger people confused on how to register to vote or something. Student came on and suggested there be something on Facebook about it to help them. God help them in the real world.

DanJackson;8334560

I know. When I was at uni we had this MAD building. It was full of books. … I know. When I was at uni we had this MAD building. It was full of books. They were EVERYWHERE! Apparently if you went in there you could learn stuff. Mental. Never see it catching on because the kids these days are all "Facebooks this" and "Twittle that"

I think if such a building existed i would of known about it by now

theoretical notios are - The statistical approach is in contradiction to the proposition that aromaticity is a theoretical notion

basically it means the same as a conceptual elaboration of a theory e.g. what are the definition of social capital, what are the elements of social capital (if any) and how they relate to each other

Original Poster

shosie;8334592

theoretical notios are - The statistical approach is in contradiction to … theoretical notios are - The statistical approach is in contradiction to the proposition that aromaticity is a theoretical notion

nuabdi;8334597

basically it means the same as a conceptual elaboration of a theory e.g. … basically it means the same as a conceptual elaboration of a theory e.g. what are the definition of social capital, what are the elements of social capital (if any) and how they relate to each other

Both are very helpful information...

Thanks a bunch - rep given... Can get back to work now, thanks again :thumbsup:!

due tomorrow is it?

Original Poster

storysacks;8334802

due tomorrow is it?

No... Three weeks left :thumbsup:!

I resent the fact that you is implying that I ain't a 'brainbox' cos i ain't got a F'ing clue what youse lot is talking about :x:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions