Any budget android phone recommendations?

Found 13th Oct 2017Edited by:"worto03"
Hi,

Any recommendations for a budget android phone I guess around £100 - £150

It's for an 11 year old, mostly for spotify\whattsapp\email, will need a front camera I guess for video calling and would like expandable storage for spotify.

I'm a bit out of touch these days as I have a work phone.
thanks for any suggestions.

If I can narrow it down to 2 or 3 then I can see if a good deal comes up, might be something around black Friday I guess.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Cubot max is only £107.09 on amazon if you are quick .
Just ordered a Xaoimi Note from Gearbest for my Sons Birthday, should take 2-3 weeks delivery and possible customs of £11.50. That deal has expired now but there is a Note deal that appears 2-3 times per week on here. It's important to get the Global version so make sure it's in the description.

You really can't get the spec in the UK for a similar price.

I'm using a Ulefone Power 2 at a similar price which I'm really happy with.
Old iPhone 6 or 5s?
KemCol13th Oct 2017

Cubot max is only £107.09 on amazon if you are quick .

Just seen this
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Would you say after a six month period a Cubot phone would still work well. I know a few reviews are written not long after purchase but would like to know how they hold up after a bit of use. Currently use a z3 and the battery doesn't even last a whole day so am looking at a cheapish replacement with a bigger battery
nice, thanks, was thinking of waiting until black Friday, I've decided against China sellers like Gearbest etc etc.

Tempted by this, not seen much better - just worried by some of the bad reviews but there are the same bad reviews on every budget phone, at least from amazon I can just return this if it's crape!
worto0358 m ago

nice, thanks, was thinking of waiting until black Friday, I've decided …nice, thanks, was thinking of waiting until black Friday, I've decided against China sellers like Gearbest etc etc.Tempted by this, not seen much better - just worried by some of the bad reviews but there are the same bad reviews on every budget phone, at least from amazon I can just return this if it's crape!

I know that's why I like the idea of getting from.them.too.I am still having a look as not sure if a 6in screen may be too big. I did have a su6 last year and that was on the larger side. I just want a cheap phone with 3gb ram and 32gb storage as I have had a few issues of sd cards getting corrupt and losing pics etc. And something that will last a while without having to charge twice a day.
ndksamb30th Oct

I know that's why I like the idea of getting from.them.too.I am still …I know that's why I like the idea of getting from.them.too.I am still having a look as not sure if a 6in screen may be too big. I did have a su6 last year and that was on the larger side. I just want a cheap phone with 3gb ram and 32gb storage as I have had a few issues of sd cards getting corrupt and losing pics etc. And something that will last a while without having to charge twice a day.

Just in case you're still looking I was looking for two phones and went for a 2Gig Moto G4 £105 and a Moto G4 Plus £110 both refurbished and like new, both are up and running with the latest updates. One was from amazon warehouse and the other from a 3rd party seller 'prelovedmobile' but fulfilled by amazon and on amazon prime.

Early days yet but everything seems fine so far.
Edited by: "worto03" 16th Nov 2017
worto037 m ago

Just in case you're still looking I was looking for two phones and went …Just in case you're still looking I was looking for two phones and went for a 2Gig Moto G4 £105 and a Moto G4 Plus £110 both refurbished and like new, both are up and running with the latest updates. One was from amazon warehouse and the other from a 3rd party seller 'prelovedmobile' but fulfilled by amazon and on amazon prime.Early days yet but everything seems fine so far.

Ah good stuff, I actually went for a moto g5 very good refurb from Amazon warehouse but in the week i had it, it restarted itself 4 times which was especially annoying when you were mid way through a phone call so I sent it back. Meanwhile after factory resetting my z3 it is now performing a heck of a lot better battery wise, so may hang on to a tad longer.
Thanks for getting back
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants