Any builders or people who have had chimneys removes

Posted 18th Nov
I have a house a bought with a chimney breast removed from Top bedroom the stack is not supported proper in the loft been like this for 30 years and will need a rsj across from both sides of house to be the correct support.

What kind of price should I be paying in the northwest of England “Manchester “

Any help would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
The real question is: if it's been ok for 30 years, what's changed toi make it need looking at?
Do
It
Yourself
Did you have the house surveyed before you bought it? If so this should have come up.
Wadda18/11/2019 20:57

Did you have the house surveyed before you bought it? If so this should …Did you have the house surveyed before you bought it? If so this should have come up.

Yes I did and I knew about it and I’m sorting it myself well getting trademan
ashmac18/11/2019 22:51

Yes I did and I knew about it and I’m sorting it myself well getting t …Yes I did and I knew about it and I’m sorting it myself well getting trademan

I am surprised mortgage company did not flag it up.

i would get several local builders to quote for the job. Without seeing it in real life you can’t really guess. Access, size of chimney etc all come into it. If you need a full length steal beam across and can’t get away with gallows brackets it’s going to be expensive as you will need a crane to get it in place. Also you will need to contact a structural engineer and building regs. Plus neighbours if it is a party wall.
Edited by: "Wadda" 19th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions