Groups

Any car detailers / enthusiasts on here?

I am working on a steelworks and am looking to protect the bodywork as best I can from the hazardous conditions.
    At the moment I use autoglym srp and then the extra gloss protection.
    Looking for a good sealant that's easy to apply .
    Has anyone got any experience of some niche products.
    Think Sonus make one that looks ok

16 Comments

look at SONAX mate - Brilliant Shine Detailer and SONAX XTREME Protect+Shine Hybrid NPT - although the BSD is very good on its own

Have you thought of stepping into a nano coating? Car Pro do one that's one of the easier ones apply. The ease of washing and using pressure washer is amazing.

Original Poster

discobob

look at SONAX mate - Brilliant Shine Detailer and SONAX XTREME … look at SONAX mate - Brilliant Shine Detailer and SONAX XTREME Protect+Shine Hybrid NPT - although the BSD is very good on its own

Thanks I meant Sonax ,
    I'll take a look at them again

Original Poster

cjparsons26

Have you thought of stepping into a nano coating? Car Pro do one that's … Have you thought of stepping into a nano coating? Car Pro do one that's one of the easier ones apply. The ease of washing and using pressure washer is amazing.

Hi I presume that's done by professionals and is pricey ?
    Or did you mean cquartz
    Edited by: "snoopy18" 21st Oct 2016

snoopy18

Hi I presume that's done by professionals and is pricey ?Or did you mean … Hi I presume that's done by professionals and is pricey ?Or did you mean cquartz

​It can be used by diy and Professionals alike. Certain products can only be bought but think the CQuartz UK edition is one of the easier ones to apply. Think if you mess up with a profession only version...it has to be sanded to be removed.

That's why the companies behind the products like only certified professional using it...so it doesn't damage the products reputation.

Original Poster

tregs

There is a thread in Misc that you may find … There is a thread in Misc that you may find useful:-http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/car-detailing-2429645?p=29010015

Thanks I`ll take a look

Original Poster

Looking on clean my car forum, SONAX XTREME Protect+Shine Hybrid NPT seems to be just what I am after, as recommended by discobob
    Edited by: "snoopy18" 21st Oct 2016

I've always used the BiltHamber range of products. For years have normally came first in most AutoExpress tests also and other awards and such. Loads of youtube videos of detailers results and months down the line also of the product ranges.

bilthamber.com/

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 21st Oct 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

I've always used the BiltHamber range of products. For years have … I've always used the BiltHamber range of products. For years have normally came first in most AutoExpress tests also and other awards and such. Loads of youtube videos of detailers results and months down the line also of the product ranges. https://www.bilthamber.com/

I use bilt hamber clay bar but not sure about a sealant?

Original Poster

SilverBlack

Zaino is brilliant,car still beads even after 9 … Zaino is brilliant,car still beads even after 9 months.https://www.zainoeurope.com/collections/protect-and-shine/products/zaino-z-aio-all-in-one

Thanks for reply, seems a bit pricier then the others and not many reviews

snoopy18

Thanks for reply, seems a bit pricier then the others and not many reviews

They have their own part of the forum on DetailingWorld.
    detailingworld.co.uk/for…153
    Most waxes i've used last around 3 months and need done again.
    This stuff lasts almost a year.I bought that bottle i linked to in 2011 and still half full.
    Thats 2 cars once a year as you need so little of it,a 20p size dollop does 1 panel.
    So it may be pricey but it lasts for a very long time.

Edited by: "SilverBlack" 22nd Oct 2016

Original Poster

SilverBlack

They have their own part of the forum on … They have their own part of the forum on DetailingWorld.http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153Most waxes i've used last around 3 months and need done again.This stuff lasts almost a year.I bought that bottle i linked to in 2011 and still half full.Thats 2 cars once a year as you need so little of it,a 20p size dollop does 1 panel.So it may be pricey but it lasts for a very long time.

Thanks I'll take a look

Or just park it a little way from the steel works and walk for for 5 mins?

snoopy18

I use bilt hamber clay bar but not sure about a sealant?

I've used the below "Auto-Balm" straight onto my car when it was new including all the chrome and my alloys. 2.5 years down the line and everyone still remarks that the car looks brand new and has amazing bodywork and colour. 5 coat flick paint finish , snow white/silver/bue'ish sliver depends which way the light and shadows flick.

bilthamber.com/wax…alm

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 22nd Oct 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother11
      2. What would be HELL to you?11
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay812
      4. Clove.co.uk33

See more discussions