Any car key coders able to recommend a capable unit?

Posted 15th Nov
      I've lost synchronisation to my project smart 450 key (one works fine).
      Looking for a recommendation or 3 on various "plug n code" machines.

some work on token credits, ..how much are these to buy once expired / expended?

Some work on yearly updates via subscription, ..some are simply buy & use with zero support online etc in the event of a a problem.
      With all that in mind, what is a good unit for someone to start with & maybe use a few times charging cheaply to recoup expenditure & beyond?

Appreciated.
      Community Updates
      Ask

Groups

8 Comments
      Are there many 450's left? Could be quite an investment for something so specific. If the equipment would work on 451's it would help.

Are MB star clones a thing? I would imagine a similar amount of money to a key specific setup, but much more useful (if they exist)

You can IMMO off most ECU's directly using a BDM100 and some IMMO software, would that be an option?
      Thanks for the info, my mind was spinning from all the reading & searching i've been forced into these past few days.

I'll do some more reading based upon your suggestion.

There are copies of STARR for sale, running off windows, a bit dodgy.
      Everything is connected to china in terms of customer service if it exists, so no idea of efficiency / expediency answering problems in relation to their products.

Nope, I doubt there are many 450's left, this one is in original condition with very low mileage.(under 30,000 miles original 698cc engine)...it even has has cruise control ..which isn't that useful here in the countryside but does give you a bit of a rest.
      They are great fun, if it had power steering my wife would like it all the more.

Spent too long tracking down missing pieces & resolving a few aging materials problems (seals) for it & now this happens (key prob).

(ps the boot is bigger than a mini's) ...good for visits to the wholesaler.
      I've got one of these Delphi clone @£31. The software that came with it did not work so I got another copy on Ebay for @£3 and the original seller gave me a refund.I have used it to synch a key for my 450.Also can be used for clutch adjustment.
      Can also be used for lots of other makes .
      I did order a £20 clone from China on Ebay but it got refused by customs.
      Thanks, will look for some walkthroughs online as this is new ground for me.
      (Was very happy with my Windows 7, ..then Microsoft forced upgrade wrecked my computer).
      Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 15th Nov
      I have only used it on W7 .
      I just followed the install instructions which worked fine.
      Just have to make sure wifi is off when using to prevent the software trying too update.
      simonvf40015/11/2019 21:53

I have only used it on W7 . I just followed the install instructions which …I have only used it on W7 . I just followed the install instructions which worked fine.Just have to make sure wifi is off when using to prevent the software trying too update.

Sorry, "W7" ??? (racking my brain & failing).
      Windows 7
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions