Groups

Any Carp Fishers out There?

Need some advice.. Im looking at buying a bivvy but stuck between the 2 in the first comment. As im a novice any advice would be appreciated.

Also what is the difference between the Nash Strongbow and the Nash strongbow MK2.. Is it worth paying £11 for the MK2?

10 Comments

This mans using beer bottles. I'm not sure if cider cans would be any better?

http://www.legaljuice.com/Drunk%20guy%20funny%20man%20person%20beer%20bottles%20passed%20out-thumb.jpg

Original Poster

Tbh I think the only reason ive picked the Nash STRONGBOW is because im a massive strongbow fan hahah

Original Poster

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=130533923661&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_951

I can get that for £80

cant comment on the nash ones as I have a 2 man JRC bivvy, had it for a few years now & is ideal for my needs, I prefer 2 man bivvys as i like to have a bit of room for all my gear etc. Mine has ali-poles that feed in through the bivvy, my mate has a similiar bivvy to the nash one, but the ground sheet isn't sown in & its quite bulky when its collapsed down.

Original Poster

Im looking at spending no more then £130...

Whats best in my budget.

Would you say this one is worth £150
    cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=390322914894&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2688wt_990

And what makes it better then the nash one?

Yes, I'm carp at fishing, though I have to admit I'm carp at everything really.

I have to agree with rich here as i always use 2 man bivvys when i go fishing. Big enough for chair to fit in and plenty of room for my tackle and gear at the back.

With £130 you have got a good budget for a decent beginners bivvy.

I had this cgi.ebay.co.uk/JRC…d80 when i first started fishing. Lasted me a few good years with no problems at all. Chose to upgrade to a larger size as kids started coming along with me.

Another good one for beginners cgi.ebay.co.uk/JRC…c13

Also cgi.ebay.co.uk/nas…55d

Also cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…601 seems a good little deal.

Edited by: "kyleg44" 16th Jun 2011

Banned

Ive got a JRC aswell & cant fault it
    would also go for a 2 man, 1 man is ok for a single night but i prefer the extra room in a 2 man if im doing a few nights
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions