Groups

Any cheap SSD deals?

Hi guys, I'm building a relatively high end HTPC/Gaming PC and I'm ordering everything separately.

I'm looking at SSD drives and it seems as if prices are higher than when I built my last PC. I got a great deal on the SanDisk Ultra II SSD 240 and 960GB drives last year at £146, and now I see that it's at £219 on Amazon.

Are there any hidden deals I'm missing out on? I'd consider either a 240/250, 500 or 1TB drive depending on the price. I have had a good experience with the SanDisk Ultra II drives, but I'm open to any alternative.

Thanks for your time! Any advice would be appreciated.

9 Comments

Keep an eye out for Samsung 950's on eBay. Seen a few good prices on there lately

Original Poster

teggl97

Keep an eye out for Samsung 950's on eBay. Seen a few good prices on … Keep an eye out for Samsung 950's on eBay. Seen a few good prices on there lately

Thanks man, off to have a look!

vardx

Thanks man, off to have a look!

No worries. I always keep an eye on buy it now with best offer. As long as it's new, you should still have manufacturer warranty from an eBay seller. Good luck!

CEX is where I buy them

I know nothing about pc stuff but I'm sure there was a thread on here the other day about fake SSD's on eBay being rife so be careful.

Edit: Thread is here
    Edited by: "INDUSTRYHATER" 15th Feb

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER

I know nothing about pc stuff but I'm sure there was a thread on here the … I know nothing about pc stuff but I'm sure there was a thread on here the other day about fake SSD's on eBay being rife so be careful.Edit: Thread is here

Cheers for the heads up

Hi. Could you please post a link if you find anything useful? Im after my first ssd at the moment and looking for a decent deal. Cheers

INDUSTRYHATER

I know nothing about pc stuff but I'm sure there was a thread on here the … I know nothing about pc stuff but I'm sure there was a thread on here the other day about fake SSD's on eBay being rife so be careful.Edit: Thread is here

That's just ebay, not an issue with SSDs in general.

EndlessWaves

That's just ebay, not an issue with SSDs in general.

That's why I specified the eBay part, which is where the OP was going to look after it was recommend he/she looked there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
      2. word association Game74044552
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions