Any Cheese lovers?

Found 5th May
No good for my Cholesterol but fell in love with Roquefort, currently eating Dolcelatte but it's not a patch on the above cheese.

Any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Tesco finest comte, a stiff cheese but wow, it packs a lovely punch.
Roquefort, that's blue cheese? Or I'm thinking of something else?
STRICKIBHOY7 m ago

Tesco finest comte, a stiff cheese but wow, it packs a lovely punch. …Tesco finest comte, a stiff cheese but wow, it packs a lovely punch. Roquefort, that's blue cheese? Or I'm thinking of something else?

Got my Roquefort out of Iceland but also seen it in Tesco's (more expensive iirc). Yes it's a blue goats cheese.

Don't think I've seen Comte? Maybe I have and just gave it a bye ball. Will look out for it though and give a judgment next week.

I love a strong cheese but also like mellow cheeses like Camembert and Feta. I love trying something different when I can but my local supermarkets don't have a massive selection.

One thing that got me into cheese was 5 counties from Tesco's. It's a mix of Cheddar, Cheshire, Red Leicester, ?Gloucester? and something else. A simple cheese board for a tenth of the price
Roquefort is the best. I have been to sout of france where its made. Well worth going to. The cheese is so cheap there. Try going the farmers cheese market they will let you try as well.
GlentoranMark2 h, 21 m ago

Got my Roquefort out of Iceland but also seen it in Tesco's (more …Got my Roquefort out of Iceland but also seen it in Tesco's (more expensive iirc). Yes it's a blue goats cheese. Don't think I've seen Comte? Maybe I have and just gave it a bye ball. Will look out for it though and give a judgment next week. I love a strong cheese but also like mellow cheeses like Camembert and Feta. I love trying something different when I can but my local supermarkets don't have a massive selection.One thing that got me into cheese was 5 counties from Tesco's. It's a mix of Cheddar, Cheshire, Red Leicester, ?Gloucester? and something else. A simple cheese board for a tenth of the price

I like camembert myself, especially when it's been flash fried. Defo try comte, I've tried hundreds but can't remember their names lol
I find Ocado stocks a lot of stuff normal supermarkets don't do.

Being Italian I like that they stock some Italian cheeses you'd never find in Tesco, like Asiago, scamorza, provolone etc.

Asiago is a nice cheese... Mild but not bland and it melts well too.

They probably do more cheeses from other countries as well.
Don't know if you can get the gorgonzola with walnuts here. That's quite nice IMO.
Roquefort, if it's made from goat milk, is gonna be tangier than Dolcelatte, which is mild in flavour.

Same difference there is between say parmigiano and pecorino. Pecorino is made from sheep milk... Sheep/goat milk has a stronger flavour.

We have a cheese similar to feta IMO... It's called quartirolo. It's tangy, a little salty and crumbly like feta. Have no idea if you would find it here.

There's so much more than just cheddar lol... I like all cheeses
My bf just eats that and in general doesn't love cheeses so only medium cheddar for him at the most lol.
Edited by: "hearts22" 5th May
Giving your Scottish roots away, probably deep fried in batter

I munch a cheese over a weekend, finished off my Roquefort earlier and now into the Dolcelatte. Bit of a flavour disappointment but it won't be thrown out
hearts229 m ago

I find Ocado stocks a lot of stuff normal supermarkets don't do.Being …I find Ocado stocks a lot of stuff normal supermarkets don't do.Being Italian I like that they stock some Italian cheeses you'd never find in Tesco, like Asiago, scamorza, provolone etc.Asiago is a nice cheese... Mild but not bland and it melts well too. They probably do more cheeses from other countries as well.Don't know if you can get the gorgonzola with walnuts here. That's quite nice IMO.Roquefort, if it's made from goat milk, is gonna be tangier than Dolcelatte, which is mild in flavour. We have a cheese similar to feta IMO... It's called quartirolo. It's tangy, a little salty and crumbly like feta. Have no idea if you would find it here. There's so much more than just cheddar lol... I like all cheeses My bf just eats that and in general doesn't love cheeses so only medium cheddar for him at the most lol.

It's the middling cheeses that have everyone's tastes, I like them also but love exploring.

So much variety in cheese, some lovely, some horrible but all get eaten
deleted79467
Love a runny blue cheese served with pink grapefruit on chicory makes a great salad
Love Port Salut.
Edited by: "ssc1" 5th May
Tesco value mild cheddar is great for melted cheese sarnies

@Wongy110
GlentoranMark4 h, 3 m ago

Giving your Scottish roots away, probably deep fried in batter I munch …Giving your Scottish roots away, probably deep fried in batter I munch a cheese over a weekend, finished off my Roquefort earlier and now into the Dolcelatte. Bit of a flavour disappointment but it won't be thrown out

Lol probably, when it's warmed up and the centre goes all gooey and soft, lovely
Mexican cheese is great, has a lovely kick to it, you get it in the delicatessen in Tesco. Great with the ham and pickle on a skewer just so many cheeses, I do need to try a nice blue, but stilton put me right off
Lived in France for 13 years and love all cheese, least favorite is goats cheese unless its cooked in an onion tart. I do like the German Cambozola soft blue brie type of cheese
STRICKIBHOY8 h, 35 m ago

Lol probably, when it's warmed up and the centre goes all gooey and soft, …Lol probably, when it's warmed up and the centre goes all gooey and soft, lovely Mexican cheese is great, has a lovely kick to it, you get it in the delicatessen in Tesco. Great with the ham and pickle on a skewer just so many cheeses, I do need to try a nice blue, but stilton put me right off

I'm not a big fan of flavoured or additions to cheeses, Cranberries and chillies just don't work for me. I love a bit of Stilton, the harsher the better

hearts2212 h, 44 m ago

I find Ocado stocks a lot of stuff normal supermarkets don't do.Being …I find Ocado stocks a lot of stuff normal supermarkets don't do.Being Italian I like that they stock some Italian cheeses you'd never find in Tesco, like Asiago, scamorza, provolone etc.Asiago is a nice cheese... Mild but not bland and it melts well too. They probably do more cheeses from other countries as well.Don't know if you can get the gorgonzola with walnuts here. That's quite nice IMO.Roquefort, if it's made from goat milk, is gonna be tangier than Dolcelatte, which is mild in flavour. Same difference there is between say parmigiano and pecorino. Pecorino is made from sheep milk... Sheep/goat milk has a stronger flavour.We have a cheese similar to feta IMO... It's called quartirolo. It's tangy, a little salty and crumbly like feta. Have no idea if you would find it here. There's so much more than just cheddar lol... I like all cheeses My bf just eats that and in general doesn't love cheeses so only medium cheddar for him at the most lol.

I've never used Ocada but brilliant info. I knocked Tesco earlier but they do have a cheese counter with plenty of choice. I don't use it enough but there's been plenty of choice on this thread to keep me going.
toulousenessie1 h, 6 m ago

Lived in France for 13 years and love all cheese, least favorite is goats …Lived in France for 13 years and love all cheese, least favorite is goats cheese unless its cooked in an onion tart. I do like the German Cambozola soft blue brie type of cheese

Sounds lovely, I think I've seen that and might even have tried it but I'll get it again and give my verdict

fern3711 h, 29 m ago

Tesco value mild cheddar is great for melted cheese sarnies :)@Wongy110

I'm sure your taste buds are a bit wider than mild cheddar but that's also permanently in our fridge. All these Pizza deals that go up, I never comment or get because I make my own. My daughter has an onion allergy so I bulk make the dough and freeze it, put tomato puree and herbs for the base and plaster the pizza with that cheese and other toppings. It's 10x better than buying and far less greasy. The only thing I can't do is make it into a circular shape lol.
Can't beat a extra mature chedder.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions