Groups

Any comfy mens trainers/walking shoes on offer anywhere???

Hi all

I am off to USA in a couple of weeks and will be doing a lot of driving and a fair bit of walking round Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion parks and I need a pair of comfy trainers as cheap as I can get them really, ideally about £20 as I will just Bin the when we come home. I just noticed Amazon have a special on Merrill womens trainers, something similar for men would be great.

I am a UK size 8.5 or 9, Has anyone seen any on offer anywhere or can anyone recommend any decent trainers that maybe you own? I don't want anything garish with loads of bright neon colours.

Many thanks in advance if you can offer any suggestions please.

17 Comments

i paid £33 for some Skechers trainers from Amazon and theyre extremely comfy.

Buy them when your there maybe as thinking of the weight flying out. I abandon some of my stuff like toiletries for the return flight so you could bring back ok... I always walk in site boots with toe protection after busting a toe walking. Also they have sole protection so nothing will puncture sole. Buy from anywhere from around £20 and up.. Take a look at sports direct I guess..

I bought a pair of Columbia waterpoof walking shoes from here, decent price fantastic service. Save £3 by choose the free 2nd class delivery. I ordered Thurs and they came Saturday. https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/C/Hiking_Boots_Approach_shoes_Off_Road_Running-(212).aspx?sort=4

jamierichardson129

i paid £33 for some Skechers trainers from Amazon and theyre extremely … i paid £33 for some Skechers trainers from Amazon and theyre extremely comfy.

Yeah but not exactly close to £20 despite their great comfort.

PulisOut

I bought a pair of Columbia waterpoof walking shoes from here, decent … I bought a pair of Columbia waterpoof walking shoes from here, decent price fantastic service. Save £3 by choose the free 2nd class delivery. I ordered Thurs and they came Saturday. https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/C/Hiking_Boots_Approach_shoes_Off_Road_Running-(212).aspx?sort=4

Yeah - this £20 budget seems to have escaped you as well.

Change_Me

https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/blue-fila-euro-jogger-3/035008/

Yeah size 11 only - it will save him packing any socks - he can wear them all together with these boats on.

offspring.co.uk/vie…198 These look ok - a few other options on this site. Mixed reviews though.

I had to buy a pair of trainers when I was in New York. Ended up buying a pair similar to the ones in the link below. Paid around $25 for them and they had memory foam insoles really comfortable. Forgot to add in if you can hold out getting a pair until you are over there then you can pick them up a lot cheaper than here.

Link to trainers
    Edited by: "Poppyj1" 12th Mar

Original Poster

STEWIEG

Yeah size 11 only - it will save him packing any socks - he can wear them … Yeah size 11 only - it will save him packing any socks - he can wear them all together with these boats on.

Haha great replies stewie, exactly what I was thinking!

Thanks all for the replies, nothing right for me as yet tho so keep the suggestions coming?

STEWIEG

Yeah but not exactly close to £20 despite their great comfort.

No I didn't and neither did I miss the word "ideally" before it. Funny enough I always had a budget of £25 for trainers that's ok for everyday but if you do a lot of walking you need some that are held together a bit better so I paid £50.
    Edited by: "PulisOut" 12th Mar

STEWIEG

Yeah size 11 only - it will save him packing any socks - he can wear them … Yeah size 11 only - it will save him packing any socks - he can wear them all together with these boats on.

Size 9 was in stock when I posted it

Original Poster

anthonyt

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/KM332?lid=GUP&lid=GUP&gclid=Cj0KEQiAgJTGBRDLr5_az_Ouk44BEiQAIxaA4snBV5zpSr_ukEMqMwZoi1yLRn0HQjCAiOSPslSFKawaAqmk8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.dsKarrimor often gets good reviews

They did get pretty decent reviews on Amazon, they are a definite maybe thanks a lot!

Buy them there, especially since you have a car and can drive to Walmart, outlets, etc. This stuff is much cheaper over there.

Karrimor are good and comfy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)35
      2. Box Nation45
      3. connect tablet11
      4. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11

See more discussions