Any deal on built-in oven + install + remove old one?

Posted 4th Dec
Need to replace my old 60cm wide single built-in electric oven. Hurt my back recently so can't install it myself. Any suggestions for a deal with installation much appreciated.
Thanks...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
When i purchased a replacement for mine from AO, they included a fitting service which included getting rid of the old one. Have a look where you buy whether they offer installation.
Edited by: "samosa" 4th Dec
Is it still working (the oven)

unless a range cooker modern ovens are lightweight held in by only a few screws at the front with an electrical connection at the rear, 10 minutes for 2 people ..which unless you are really "jiggered" means a partner / neighbours hands for a few minutes.whipping out & in. ..get a guy at the local recycling centre to offload it with you?

If its working i'd wait till january sales now (cooking with a new unknown oven, ...nah too much risk if doing the big dinner, giving the back time to get better / get to a back cracker for a few sessions.

Would hate to cook under pressure on a new oven with temperature differentials & possible confusing buttons & programs
samosa04/12/2019 10:31

When i purchased a replacement for mine from AO, they included a fitting …When i purchased a replacement for mine from AO, they included a fitting service which included getting rid of the old one. Have a look where you buy whether they offer installation.

Thanks Samosa. Yes AO is good but the install costs are high. I suppose what I really need is some deal on half-price install or something like that.
Mr_Gus04/12/2019 11:16

Is it still working (the oven)unless a range cooker modern ovens are …Is it still working (the oven)unless a range cooker modern ovens are lightweight held in by only a few screws at the front with an electrical connection at the rear, 10 minutes for 2 people ..which unless you are really "jiggered" means a partner / neighbours hands for a few minutes.whipping out & in. ..get a guy at the local recycling centre to offload it with you?If its working i'd wait till january sales now (cooking with a new unknown oven, ...nah too much risk if doing the big dinner, giving the back time to get better / get to a back cracker for a few sessions.Would hate to cook under pressure on a new oven with temperature differentials & possible confusing buttons & programs

Thanks Gus. It's still partly working so I could wait as you suggest.
pooool04/12/2019 12:09

Thanks Gus. It's still partly working so I could wait as you suggest.

If it is an oven you "like" & don't want to replace.
visit whitegoods uk forum with model number (on front of oven normally by a seal) & check out a diagnosis cost.

ukwhitegoods.co.uk/for…ms/ ..really nice folk!

If its just an element gone (likely fan element at rear)!??? these are a 5 minute fix ..the other 5 being manouvering your oven out to replace the element (2 connections) having got something to balance it ..like a screatch protected table.

An element covering a 100+ ovens of all many makes, models & brands is likely to be around the £20 mark delivered ....if more serious, well, you tried to diagnose it & got the "terminal" thumbs down from the engineers on that forum ..justifying expenditure.

Thermostats & elements going bang are common & simple, ..i'm a berk & I can do a replacement of those. (turn off at mains & test that breaker).

Ovens are pricey for very little quality. but they are "necessary" so the price is pumped up accordingly.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 4th Dec
We just had a new one, was supplied and delivered by ao, but as we were looking at several we noticed both currys and ao offer a fitting service.... However I don't think they "fit" them if it means actually wiring them in as ours needed to be, if it's just a plug in oven one they probably will...
We paid £50 for an electrician and he took the old one away
check the price of the install and whats included and what you need
my local electrical shop wanted 90quid to install a new built in oven (oven price was good)
but... as i found out later this was only if the electrical connection was the same!
unfortunately it wasn't, so got an electrician to swap the junction box for a socket - they also then installed it (its only 2 screws) for half the price the shop wanted
Mr_Gus04/12/2019 12:21

If it is an oven you "like" & don't want to replace.visit whitegoods uk …If it is an oven you "like" & don't want to replace.visit whitegoods uk forum with model number (on front of oven normally by a seal) & check out a diagnosis cost.https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forums/ ..really nice folk!If its just an element gone (likely fan element at rear)!??? these are a 5 minute fix ..the other 5 being manouvering your oven out to replace the element (2 connections) having got something to balance it ..like a screatch protected table.An element covering a 100+ ovens of all many makes, models & brands is likely to be around the £20 mark delivered ....if more serious, well, you tried to diagnose it & got the "terminal" thumbs down from the engineers on that forum ..justifying expenditure.Thermostats & elements going bang are common & simple, ..i'm a berk & I can do a replacement of those. (turn off at mains & test that breaker).Ovens are pricey for very little quality. but they are "necessary" so the price is pumped up accordingly.

That UK whitegoods forum might just have the answer to my issue Gus!!!
Thanks for letting me know about it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions