Groups

Any deals on Windows 7 netbooks ?

Seen loads of XP ones but really want a Windows 7 one

Does ayone know of any good deals, needs to be a 6 cell battery ideally unless you can upgrade easily to a different one.

Thanks folks

6 Comments

the popular designs all have fairly cheap chinese clone batteries you can get for them. the hardware isn't really there for 7 netbooks yet, there are some available now, but i think they're underpowered. there will be a new range of netbooks with more powerfull processors out sometime in Q1 next year I believe. If you do want to get one now I'd recommend getting something with the ION graphics even if you can only find it with XP, then upgrade the OS.

Yeah I got my 6 cell for my MSI wind for about the same I think it was $43 from DX, I decided the 9 cell which was only a few dollars more was too bulky, and for long journeys I'd have a fully charged 6 cell and a 3 cell

Original Poster

Thanks folks, from what i have heard W7 runs great on a netbook and XP is 10 years old i think so thought i may as well have the latest version

bruffterman;6967971

the hardware isn't really there for 7 netbooks yet

You are joking?
    Windows 7 runs on most netbooks better than XP does, if there is a XP version of it then Windows 7 runs just fine, the first thing I did on my N130 was take XP off and replace with Windows 7, the battery life is now over and above better than manufacturers (samsung) claimed life with very little energy saving tricks implemented.

Banned

"You are joking?
    Windows 7 runs on most netbooks better than XP does, if there is a XP version of it then Windows 7 runs just fine, the first thing I did on my N130 was take XP off and replace with Windows 7, the battery life is now over and above better than manufacturers (samsung) claimed life with very little energy saving tricks implemented."

Which version of Windows 7 have you installed?

Original Poster

Ive seen this one currys.co.uk/mar…577 i presume its a clone of something as Advent is just a DSG name, any opinion ? Could i get a battery ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions