Groups
    EXPIRED

Any decent content insurance around ????

Looking to change my content insurance suppliers and was wondering if there any any ONE company i should go with ?????

20 Comments

Banned

no. use two

I went with natwest for contents. policy cost £70, quidco paid £100. profit - £30

I went with AIG for buildings. policy cost £140, quidco paid £90. cost - £50

total - £20 for both policies (40,000 contents, 200,000 buildings)

Original Poster

Don't use Quidco and dont need Buildings as it's council property

I use more than and found them to be fantastic I had only had my policy 2 months when my daughter pushed our tv off the stand, they took the model number and I had a new t.v within the week.
    I did take out the upgraded accidental damage cover as I have 2 small children but I still only pay £12 month not sure if thats a good price or not but the quality and speed of service were second to none.

Banned

zeus9876;1686867

Don't use Quidco and dont need Buildings as it's council property

well its your choice but you'll actually get contents insurance for free and cashback! why people dont use quidco is beyond me :thinking:

Banned

mrspodington;1686895

I use more than and found them to be fantastic I had only had my policy 2 … I use more than and found them to be fantastic I had only had my policy 2 months when my daughter pushed our tv off the stand, they took the model number and I had a new t.v within the week.I did take out the upgraded accidental damage cover as I have 2 small children but I still only pay £12 month not sure if thats a good price or not but the quality and speed of service were second to none.

£144 is very very high. My insurance quote was £97 with accidental damage and £100 cashback so effectively free.

Original Poster

my contents insurance is £24 and some change a month. Just got a letter today telling me that if my alarm is not set everynight and if i dont take out a maintenance contract on my alarm then i will not be covered. And this is with barclays.

Edit. I have made like 3-4 claims in the past 5 years but still seems high to me

csiman;1686951

well its your choice but you'll actually get contents insurance for free … well its your choice but you'll actually get contents insurance for free and cashback! why people dont use quidco is beyond me :thinking:

Can you explain Quidco to me - what's it all about??????

Banned

hannah19790;1687017

Can you explain Quidco to me - what's it all about??????

join quidco, click on affiliate links to get cashback

[url]www.quidco.com[/url]

How exactly are you lot getting content insurance for £100 or so?
    I'm being quoted £1300 am i doing something wrong?

This is really weird I've just been quoted £260 by More Than, I've heard of market fluctuation, but £1000 difference between More Than and Natwest??

Banned

some insurers dont like certain postcodes so just bump up the quote to avoid outright rejection

tesco have a deals on

Any good?

Banned

alert;1688541

tesco have a deals on

yep - 50% off but my quote from was 3 times higher than others so be careful.

4Site;1687473

How exactly are you lot getting content insurance for £100 or … How exactly are you lot getting content insurance for £100 or so?[COLOR="Red"]I'm being quoted £1300 am i doing something wrong[/COLOR]?

Erm - :?

The tesco one has run out i think it was on for 3 days and ran out on the 5th i think my quote was ok half the price but i changed my mind, wish i hadnt now lol

Damnome... maybe check you may be down for personal insurance in that , the box may be ticked just un tick it then re calculate.... just a thought

what they say about post code is right, they aslo have a number of other risk factors.

I got a 4 berooom , 3 bath house with all the bits, and got £1m building and £50K content for just over £250, that about 40 better that Saga, were last year, who are aways good if you are aged over 50. Still have both cars with saga

Anyway you get 90 days to take the quote, so that what i done and am now waiting for the saga quote. I waont move just to save 10-20 quid

I'm with endsleigh, only £11 p/m all contents covered including accidental and our bikes and laptop away from the flat, we have no alarm or special locks.

Ps: .... and no you can't have my address

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213641
    2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1743
    3. Your dream gaming set up?1121
    4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …152364

See more discussions