Any decent deals going for steering locks?

Posted 5th May
Afternoon everyone, looking for a decent priced steering lock, can’t find any deals anywhere so hoping the community can help me out.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Very few are worth buying when I looked. Acts as a deterrent I guess but either feet up and bend off or just saw steering wheel through to remove
What kind of car do you own? Maybe a Ghost alarm is the better option for you, little more expensive than a wheel lock but much better. I did a video on my YouTube channel showing how it works and how to change the code, I've had it on a couple of cars now.

Toon_army05/05/2020 13:39

What kind of car do you own? Maybe a Ghost alarm is the better option for …What kind of car do you own? Maybe a Ghost alarm is the better option for you, little more expensive than a wheel lock but much better. I did a video on my YouTube channel showing how it works and how to change the code, I've had it on a couple of cars now.[Video]

AutoWatch Ghosts are amazing. (Mate of mine fits them)
Nobody is going to steal your car, even if they’ve got the key.
Edited by: "MadSkilzYo" 5th May
I've read recently, on the Nextdoor app for areas near my neighbourhood, that there's been a massive spike in cars' windows being smashed and the steering wheel being ripped out.

Is there some way that there's some form of information or an embedded device within the steering wheel that could be abused to facilitate a theft after the victim has carried out repairs and let their guard down?
TopTrump05/05/2020 13:51

I've read recently, on the Nextdoor app for areas near my neighbourhood, …I've read recently, on the Nextdoor app for areas near my neighbourhood, that there's been a massive spike in cars' windows being smashed and the steering wheel being ripped out.Is there some way that there's some form of information or an embedded device within the steering wheel that could be abused to facilitate a theft after the victim has carried out repairs and let their guard down?

Nextdoor app is as bad as Karen on Facebook.
MadSkilzYo05/05/2020 13:49

AutoWatch Ghosts are amazing. (Mate of mine fits them)Nobody is going to …AutoWatch Ghosts are amazing. (Mate of mine fits them)Nobody is going to steal your car, even if they’ve got the key.

Rough cost, don't suppose you know? Or manufacturer dependent?
TopTrump05/05/2020 13:54

Rough cost, don't suppose you know? Or manufacturer dependent?

£399. Expensive I know, but 100% not to get nicked, less they crane it away.
Edited by: "MadSkilzYo" 5th May
MadSkilzYo05/05/2020 13:53

Nextdoor app is as bad as Karen on Facebook.

Tell me about it, I know. People telling you what they had for tea last night and there's always a happy clappy bunch that supports their posts.
Or, worse, is the neighbourhood vigilante. Posting every time they think they've seen something suspicious and that they are fighthin' for justice like The Equalizer.

I curse the day I was put on the spot into joining a WhatsApp group created for my neighbourhood.

All the bored housewives posting pictures of their latest cake accomplishment, then the others replying, "oooh! look how wonderful that looks, I'll bring the tea if you offer me a slice" ...or the two billy no mates telling everybody about some irrelevant tech scam warning so that they can brand themselves as the cyber-security consultants we should all run to.

I've deleted myself from the group how many times. Then a few months pass and the group administrator (who now walks about like he's Sadiq Khan's local buddy), keeps adding me back.

I'm more informed about what's going in my neighbourhood when I'm not a member of these types of groups.

Plus, I'm having more fun thinking up my latest BS story as to why I've "accidentally deleted myself" from the group.
Admin sheriff thinks I'm buying new phones all the time. Dufus! Now he's telling me what model of phone is a good buy.
Edited by: "TopTrump" 5th May
MadSkilzYo05/05/2020 14:07

£399. Expensive I know, but 100% not to get nicked, less they crane it …£399. Expensive I know, but 100% not to get nicked, less they crane it away.

Not thatcham approved though so insurance may not cover it
fannychmelar05/05/2020 14:15

Not thatcham approved though so insurance may not cover it

Hhmmm, interesting.
I would have thought they'd adopt it as part of their arsenal of preventative measures.
TopTrump05/05/2020 14:17

Hhmmm, interesting.I would have thought they'd adopt it as part of their …Hhmmm, interesting.I would have thought they'd adopt it as part of their arsenal of preventative measures.

Ghost offers no visual deterrent either. Your car will be damaged with them breaking the window or lock. Id go with a clifford alarm system, thatcham approved and also has visual led lights to warn people
Disklok is probably best steering wheel lock as it covers the whole of the steering wheel
MadSkilzYo05/05/2020 13:49

AutoWatch Ghosts are amazing. (Mate of mine fits them)Nobody is going to …AutoWatch Ghosts are amazing. (Mate of mine fits them)Nobody is going to steal your car, even if they’ve got the key.

Yeah my mate Monty at Bassmechanix fits them, he did the one on the 435d in the video but didn't do my RS.
Think the BM was £360... I wouldnt have a modern keyless car and not have a Ghost
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions