Any diamond experts out there?

Found 3rd Aug 2017
Hi there, hubby bought my a pair of diamond studs from blue nileabout a year ago. I am now looking to upgrade them but not sure what clarity/ colour produces the best sparkle. I've heard that excellent cuts are best but grateful for any advice/links. Have roughly £1,000 to spend. Many thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

at this day and age I'm surprised diamonds are still popular. they are basically overhyped, rocks with inflated prices for no reason. (bit of research will tell you how common they are, how the demand is controlled by simply not digging for more, and what is a better alternative)

mattsk22 m ago

at this day and age I'm surprised diamonds are still popular. they are …at this day and age I'm surprised diamonds are still popular. they are basically overhyped, rocks with inflated prices for no reason. (bit of research will tell you how common they are, how the demand is controlled by simply not digging for more, and what is a better alternative)

I assume you must be a man. Diamonds are a girl's best friend and you never tire of your best friend

I have diamonds but I am no expert on the grading as I can never remember them. However I do know for sure that you need to see the stone to examine the sparkle. More expensive diamonds sparkle more and has a wider spectrum of colour. The clarity determines the sparkle but also the cut is very important in determining thesparkle.

The cheaper diamonds look more yellow than clear and some don't sparkle at all. You can exchange your existing stones as you will get more for them that way.

Diamonds are all about the 5 C's

Women want to get:
Cut
Clarity
Colour
Carat weight

Men want to get:
The other C

Shatwell2 h, 40 m ago

Diamonds are all about the 5 C'sWomen want to …Diamonds are all about the 5 C'sWomen want to get:CutClarity Colour Carat weight Men want to get:The other C

Cuddles?

30 point brilliant cut. Cost you about 400 for 1 stone if your feeling flush go to Dubai to the gold souk you can pick up a pair if half carrot for about 600
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants