Any divers / sharks out there?

Found 23rd May
Good morning! I would love some advice on swimming with sharks. I have found this place in Ellesmere which is £259 for a 30 minute dive: virginexperiencedays.co.uk/sha…nce

Two questions if anyone can be so kind to shed some light!

1) DIVERS - I have never been scuba diving before, and I am worried that I might find it claustrophobic. A bizarre question I know (I have tried Google but to no avail), does anybody know if the air you breathe from the tank is warm or cool?

2) SHARKS - Do you mind?

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Claustrophobic? Quite the opposite, unless there is low visibility.
I went diving in Crete and you can see for a very very long way - big deep blue ocean, but in Goa the visibility was only 6 metres or so, but even then I didn't feel like it was claustrophobic.

Sharks? That's done while you are in a cage to protect you, so wouldn't be that exciting for me, but if I were to do it I'd do it on holiday somewhere where it's a lot cheaper, I've heard Turkey is cheap, but dunno about sharks over there.
I'd like to dance with a caged bear.
Bigfootpete3 m ago

Claustrophobic? Quite the opposite, unless there is low visibility. I went …Claustrophobic? Quite the opposite, unless there is low visibility. I went diving in Crete and you can see for a very very long way - big deep blue ocean, but in Goa the visibility was only 6 metres or so, but even then I didn't feel like it was claustrophobic.Sharks? That's done while you are in a cage to protect you, so wouldn't be that exciting for me, but if I were to do it I'd do it on holiday somewhere where it's a lot cheaper, I've heard Turkey is cheap, but dunno about sharks over there.

Hi BFP, unfortunately I am limited to the UK so can't go off exploring in the deep, blue ocean! The place I've found would be like this:

Nah not claustrophobic + didn't really notice the air temperature. I did scuba/shark diving in Bahamas - one for everyone's bucket list!
That must be at Blue Planet Aquarium, they have their own divers in the tank on a regular basis as part of shows etc. I'm pretty sure you can arrange the dive directly with them so might be cheaper than going via Virgin. I've been to Blue Planet a few times and I'm not sure you would get the full diving with sharks experience by doing it in what is basically an aquarium.
I have never felt claustrophobic, just the freedom to explore another world. Its a bit bulky with all your kit on out of the water but fine in it. Am not sure I would bother with the Blue planet offering and would recommend a holiday to the red sea for some cheap diving with sharks, just avoid the russian dive boats if you do, they have a habit of feeding the sharks to make it more entertaining!

For the ultimate I would recommend a cage dive off the coast of Cape Town SA, that was humbling, awesome and terrifying at the same time. Being inches away from a adult great white was something I will never forget.
Most scuba places offer a taster session for a tenner or so which would let you find out if it's something you'd be ok with.
Bigfootpete11 h, 23 m ago

Claustrophobic? Quite the opposite, unless there is low visibility. I went …Claustrophobic? Quite the opposite, unless there is low visibility. I went diving in Crete and you can see for a very very long way - big deep blue ocean, but in Goa the visibility was only 6 metres or so, but even then I didn't feel like it was claustrophobic.Sharks? That's done while you are in a cage to protect you, so wouldn't be that exciting for me, but if I were to do it I'd do it on holiday somewhere where it's a lot cheaper, I've heard Turkey is cheap, but dunno about sharks over there.

The majority of divers are not in a cage when seeing sharks. Although you can go cage diving in places like South Africa to see some of the more unpredictable sharks. I've never been

I've seen a fair amount of sharks on liveaboards in the southern Red Sea and Maldives. Oceanic white tip was my first.

Can't beat dropping in the water pre breakfast and spotting sharks. The buzz soon wakes you up.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 23rd May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants