Groups

any dr or nurses???

I have a little problem with my son who has been ill for a week now Would just like to know if anyone could give me a bit of advice??????

16 Comments

You could try NHS Direct if you dont get any replies on here hun x

NHS24

u r gonna get more than advice I think - just call them up ASAP

best call NHS direct.
    (he may be much worse after the 'help' on here)

Banned

Ask NHS direct/out of hours...............

Original Poster

argh thanks all but he's been ill since friday last week. vomitted only 7 times in all and is fine going the loo! but been told he has a gasro bug! but over the week every now and then he goes into spasms in his tummy pointing to his tummy button screaming for 40 or so mins, them with some long gentle rubbing it calms down
    No one else in the household has it still. I've now realised he has more bad moments at night which could be due to lying down and he is soooo restless all the time not keeping still. If I'm being honest I'm starting to feel frustrated as we have been our a&e three times up to now and they keep saying it will pass could it be anything else i'm wondering???

our son had a really bad gastro bug. It turned out that milk irritated it and made it worse and only when we stopped him having milk did it clear up. a few days off the white stuff and only eating really bland food and he was right as rain. hope that helps:)

I agree call NHS Direct, could be something like Appendicitis. I however am not a doctor so calling up is definetely the safest option.

bigfoot100;8275571

I agree call NHS Direct, could be something like Appendicitis. I however … I agree call NHS Direct, could be something like Appendicitis. I however am not a doctor so calling up is definetely the safest option.

Hmm i think Appendicitis would be a more constant pain, getting worse and worse, and you wouldn't stand a week of it. And it would be in the lower right area, not the button.

as above call nhs 24 or take him to out of hours doc at hospital

poor wee soul hope they are better soon nuthing worse than your child being ill

DarkKnight;8275593

Hmm i think Appendicitis would be a more constant pain, getting worse and … Hmm i think Appendicitis would be a more constant pain, getting worse and worse, and you wouldn't stand a week of it. And it would be in the lower right area, not the button.

True but if it's not severe the pain can be delocalised, I agree though I am probably wrong.

any one with a tummy bug should keep off all dairy produce

I think NHS Direct are a waste of time.

I would take him straight to the hospital, just to be safe. When I have been with my kids in an emergency, the hospital has had a separate A & E dept for kids, and you get seen quickly.

Could be appandicitis as the pain can start in the central region then move. But if you have been to A+E then surely the docs would have examined him for this as you do a specific exam to diagnose appendicitis. If you are really concerned then phone nhs direct/your out of hours GP or go back to hospital.

Not true. My 8 year old daughter was in great pain in the abdomen and high temperature and was admitted to hospital. The tests showed it could be appendicitis so they operated to remove it. Turned out the appendix was finebut they still removed it!. She recovered quickly. We will never know what it really was.

Go to the out of hours Dr FFS. Don;t ask for advice on a bargain shopping website. When my car needs a service I don't take it to the launderette, and I use pretty much the same principle for my kids :thumbsup:

Im a doctor Pm me and i can advise you on your problemo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1111
      2. CEX return/exchange at different store11
      3. Three connection11
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££45

See more discussions