Any drone pilots?

Found 5th Jan
Any drone pilots on here? I currently fly a Mavic Pro and I’m from Manchester area, been flying nearly a year altogether previously owned a phantom 2 and phantom 3
Community Updates
MiscElectronics
19 Comments
Hey. Just got a phantom 3 pro for Christmas but not had much time to use it with bad weather. Only in Liverpool myself. Thinks it’s nice and sunny this weekend so I’m gonna get out and practise. Didn’t get no other accessories as I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or not. Going to get spare batteries and other accessories now though. Scared of it flying off on its own
Original Poster
You’ll get more confident the more you fly, more batteries are always a must 😁
I gave up after a mid air collision with a seagull and killing my drone and poor gull
It have hired drone pilots recently to get some film footage for a couple of work projects. Very impressive footage and flying skills.
I have a DJI 450 quad (self build), I can fly it ok, but when descending from height I get a wobble, not sure why.
New batteries are just 15 quid in eBay ,which is why I went for the f450
lumsdot45 m ago

I have a DJI 450 quad (self build), I can fly it ok, but when descending …I have a DJI 450 quad (self build), I can fly it ok, but when descending from height I get a wobble, not sure why.New batteries are just 15 quid in eBay ,which is why I went for the f450

Hobby King is cheaper for batteries and they'll generally be safer, you don't want to chance it with sketchy lipos if you like having somewhere to live.

What flight controller do you use? I've upgraded my F450 from a kk2.1.5 to an APM to a Pixhawk each time was a significant difference, especially the Pixhawk which is incredibly locked in with the GPS. Cost just over £50 to do I think.
Original Poster
lumsdot1 h, 0 m ago

I have a DJI 450 quad (self build), I can fly it ok, but when descending …I have a DJI 450 quad (self build), I can fly it ok, but when descending from height I get a wobble, not sure why.New batteries are just 15 quid in eBay ,which is why I went for the f450

Self build, sounds a bit out there for me that haha I would constantly be breaking it, what’s the top speed?
dcx_badass3 h, 51 m ago

Hobby King is cheaper for batteries and they'll generally be safer, you …Hobby King is cheaper for batteries and they'll generally be safer, you don't want to chance it with sketchy lipos if you like having somewhere to live.What flight controller do you use? I've upgraded my F450 from a kk2.1.5 to an APM to a Pixhawk each time was a significant difference, especially the Pixhawk which is incredibly locked in with the GPS. Cost just over £50 to do I think.

Been using floureon lipos, they get ok reviews.
Think it's a naze 32 v6, using clean flight.
It fly's great ,until I try and descend, I think the angle/ horizon mode is the problem so I need to reduce its strength.
tommytucka13 h, 38 m ago

Self build, sounds a bit out there for me that haha I would constantly be …Self build, sounds a bit out there for me that haha I would constantly be breaking it, what’s the top speed?

It's just a case of joining parts together, makes upgrading very easy. Not sure how fast it is, seems fast to me. Basically it's the same motors as a phantom 2 so will be about the same
tommytucka13 h, 50 m ago

Self build, sounds a bit out there for me that haha I would constantly be …Self build, sounds a bit out there for me that haha I would constantly be breaking it, what’s the top speed?

I've clocked nearly 35mph with my F450.
I have a Furibee F36 does that count?
Also a Xiaomi 4K drone but not used it yet due to weather!
The rumor is the new DJI model will be announced soon. I hope it's at CES..
Original Poster
dcx_badass1 h, 29 m ago

I've clocked nearly 35mph with my F450.

The Mavic does around that but there is a mode you can unlock with the software that makes it go about 55ish
Original Poster
Zek49 m ago

I have a Furibee F36 does that count?Also a Xiaomi 4K drone but not used …I have a Furibee F36 does that count?Also a Xiaomi 4K drone but not used it yet due to weather!

Is that the one that’s modelled on the phantom?
I got the DJI Phantom 3 for xmas, my first drone, like others here said the weathers been too bad to try it yet.

Where/what places do people go to fly their drones normally?
Original Poster
athunder1 h, 54 m ago

I got the DJI Phantom 3 for xmas, my first drone, like others here said …I got the DJI Phantom 3 for xmas, my first drone, like others here said the weathers been too bad to try it yet.Where/what places do people go to fly their drones normally?

I fly locally near reservoirs etc and open fields, obviously not too close to airports etc, the DJI app has functions built in which tell you where you can fly and where you can’t, another good app to get is litchi
tommytucka15 h, 32 m ago

Is that the one that’s modelled on the phantom?

Yeah I think it probably is, not too familar with all the different models.

I once had a drone that cost £80, flew for about a minute in the garden and it was getting a bit high and far away so hit the return to transmitter button but it made it keep flying the opposite direction and onto a field. Eventually I remembered I could just cut the motor out with the controller so did and it crashed on the field, could see it had on the FPV. I went looking for it but couldn't find it at all, looked again later and still nothing (it was black so that didn't help). Then that night some farm machinary, probably spraying went on the field, so I just gave up!
Got my drone out for first time today, just a quick fly over the local park, hopefully can go somewhere better if the weather stays dry this week.
Couple of questions if anyone can help.

The camera on the DJ Phantom 3, does this have any zoom in/out ability? couldn't find it if there was, if not then just have to fly lower/higher to adjust instead?

Also, it keeps telling me there is a firmwear update available, but when i try it just says update failed, any way to fix this?

thanks
Original Poster
athunder39 m ago

Got my drone out for first time today, just a quick fly over the local …Got my drone out for first time today, just a quick fly over the local park, hopefully can go somewhere better if the weather stays dry this week. Couple of questions if anyone can help.The camera on the DJ Phantom 3, does this have any zoom in/out ability? couldn't find it if there was, if not then just have to fly lower/higher to adjust instead?Also, it keeps telling me there is a firmwear update available, but when i try it just says update failed, any way to fix this?thanks

No way to zoom in or out on the camera or the app mate, also if you download the DJI app for pc or Mac it’s easier to update through there than a mobile device, a lot of people report problems updating through the DJI apps
tommytucka144 m ago

No way to zoom in or out on the camera or the app mate, also if you …No way to zoom in or out on the camera or the app mate, also if you download the DJI app for pc or Mac it’s easier to update through there than a mobile device, a lot of people report problems updating through the DJI apps

Thank you, I'll try that way
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants