Groups

Any dvd recorders with usb input

Hi, i have googled since days (litterly)
    hopefully someone can help me

looking for a dvd recorder that also allows me to play .avi movies via usb onto my tv

would appreciate any models

ps-most usb input dvd recorders i have seen say plays music and views photo only (not avi videos or any videos actually)- which is where the prob comes into

sorry but im not the most upto date tech person

6 Comments

Banned

the only ones i have seen also have hdd recorders in them, making them expensive

the other option is to buy a usb media player you can plug in to the tv

svp.co.uk/ele…tml

trustedreviews.com/hom…/p2

329 though

Original Poster

jubbyme;8072940

the only ones i have seen also have hdd recorders in them, making them … the only ones i have seen also have hdd recorders in them, making them expensivethe other option is to buy a usb media player you can plug in to the tvhttp://www.svp.co.uk/electronics/av-home-cinema/sumvision-cyclone-micro-hdmi-1080p-upscaling-media-converter-and-player-mte-01004_retail-boxed.htmlhttp://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/review/2010/02/12/Panasonic-DMR-EX83-HDD-DVD-Recorder/p2329 though

sorry for the late reply. and many thanks for the time taken for the help. appreciated:)
    rep left

Original Poster

have gone for the media player you suggested- its a reasonable price:thumbsup:
    still need a dvd recorder though,
    do you know if ALL dvd recorders allow prerecorded programs on sky plus to be recorded onto dvd?
    or..
    do they only record live tv programs?
    iv only got scart connection

Banned

monkeybrains;8082239

have gone for the media player you suggested- its a reasonable … have gone for the media player you suggested- its a reasonable price:thumbsup:still need a dvd recorder though,do you know if ALL dvd recorders allow prerecorded programs on sky plus to be recorded onto dvd?or..do they only record live tv programs?iv only got scart connection

at the very basic level, if you sky plus something and set the dvd timer to match, it should be ok
    if you have a sky box that records, you can try to transfer via scart (play on sky and record on dvd) but you may come accross a problem called macrovision, if sky do run that system, there is no way past it, basically it messes with the picture, I know sky use that on payperview movies to stop recording

You would just have to hope is all

Original Poster

jubbyme;8082665

at the very basic level, if you sky plus something and set the dvd timer … at the very basic level, if you sky plus something and set the dvd timer to match, it should be okif you have a sky box that records, you can try to transfer via scart (play on sky and record on dvd) but you may come accross a problem called macrovision, if sky do run that system, there is no way past it, basically it messes with the picture, I know sky use that on payperview movies to stop recordingYou would just have to hope is all

thnx again:-D

I have this DVD player and It works fine. I watch most of my films on it via usb.

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1415
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27107
      3. GOT Leaks again817
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764472

See more discussions