Expired

Any else struggling for gift ideas for a teenage boy ?

Found 17th Nov 2017
My oldest is 13 and I’m finding it hard to know what to get him for Christmas. When I ask him he can’t really think of anything.
He’s a keen gamer and reader.
It’s seems a very difficult age to buy for, no longer a child but not yet a man.
So far all I’ve came up with is some books, wireless earphones, a home made sweet hamper & 1 video game.
Anyone else having the same problem or anyone with ideas ?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
deleted800342
Nope
Yes I’ve been there and thank god my son is now 21 so I’m over that stage... I always just asked him to write a small list down of what he would like ie clothes,technology (Bluetooth speaker for his music) as they start listening to music at that age bracket. The list gets done every year and even now I do it with my youngest who is 13 (he has special needs so it’s quite easy as he loves Lego and dinosaurs still but is getting into the habit of wanting named clothing like his school mates and favourite boxer so I’ve got him some nice bits from that brand too. Just keep digging for ideas at him when he’s in a happy mood that’s they key I think. Lol good luck
Xbox One
PS4
PSVR if he already has PS4
If he's a avid reader like my eldest daughter, you could always get him some gift vouchers for some where like Waterstones or even a Kindle from Amazon.
game/console credit for which ever system he has so he can by DLC or new games etc
GTA or mortal Kombat xl
What about getting him a driving lesson or an experience day like indoor skydiving from groupon, buy a gift etc?
He has a PS4, not fussed on psvr. Not many big game releases this year apart from COD.
If all else fails it’ll be ps credit or steam credit but trying to think of something he’ll get excited about.
I’ll have a look at the experience days - I hadn’t thought of those.
Thanks for the comments.
What about something educational like a Raspberry Pi Computer and accessories, if he’s so inclined.
A lower end Digital SLR or mirrorless camera. Get him out and about.
A 3D printer.
How about one of those quadcopter things, they vary in price but you can pick up one fairly cheap.
tomdavidrichards4 h, 33 m ago

GTA or mortal Kombat xl

GTA is not for 13 year olds... Although you still get lots of the little sods on there making stupid noises and being idiots.
Bigfootpete1 h, 27 m ago

GTA is not for 13 year olds... Although you still get lots of the little …GTA is not for 13 year olds... Although you still get lots of the little sods on there making stupid noises and being idiots.

I was joking
tomdavidrichards17th Nov

I was joking

How is anyone supposed to know that? Usually when someone makes a joke they add an emoticon to indicate it's a joke.

Without it you're just making a suggestion.
Bigfootpete46 m ago

How is anyone supposed to know that? Usually when someone makes a joke …How is anyone supposed to know that? Usually when someone makes a joke they add an emoticon to indicate it's a joke. Without it you're just making a suggestion.

You sound like a right Barrell of laughs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants