Any free vehicle history check (HPI check)?

Found 5th Jan 2009
I am about to buy a new car and was wondering if theres any free vehicle history check services available? I used one a few years ago that gave you a history if you filled a questionnaire in but I can't find that website any more.

Thanks
Community Updates
9 Comments
You mean a HPI check right? i dont think theres free ones tbh
MarzBarz;3959179

You mean a HPI check right? i dont think theres free ones tbh

Yes, HPI check
think you have to pay, sorry dont know anywhere doing it free
I know its not free but there is a dvla text message service which has been advertised on tv.
think the cheapest around at the min is still the RAC one at £9.99

rac.co.uk/web…ck/
mycarcheck.com/

Its £4 and ive used it a few times.
Shows finance info (i think its this one that showed me it) and damage history, saved my ass a few times before.
WELL WORTH IT!

heres an old one i did for my bike
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/adamck/hpi.png
the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write off's plate chenged etc...)
RAC was used for finance info (not available on mycarcheck) and was £5 but now £10
Still worth the cash as a lil s**t tried to sell me his motorcycle when it still had £2000 owed on finance and he swore down it was payed in full :@
adamck;3959660

the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write … the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write off's plate chenged etc...)RAC was used for finance info (not available on mycarcheck) and was £5 but now £10 :(Still worth the cash as a lil s**t tried to sell me his motorcycle when it still had £2000 owed on finance and he swore down it was payed in full :@

Definitely agree with you there, I did my last check in a rush and although it all came out clear and the bike was fine it was a weight off my mind knowing the bike had no history to be aware of.
John
Used RAC before & is very thorough & cheap.
HPI is part of RAC group.
Do not recommend using ]mycarcheck.com. Not as thorough unless you pay extra.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants