Groups

Any free vehicle history check (HPI check)?

I am about to buy a new car and was wondering if theres any free vehicle history check services available? I used one a few years ago that gave you a history if you filled a questionnaire in but I can't find that website any more.

Thanks

9 Comments

You mean a HPI check right? i dont think theres free ones tbh

Original Poster

MarzBarz;3959179

You mean a HPI check right? i dont think theres free ones tbh

Yes, HPI check

think you have to pay, sorry dont know anywhere doing it free

I know its not free but there is a dvla text message service which has been advertised on tv.

think the cheapest around at the min is still the RAC one at £9.99

rac.co.uk/web…ck/

mycarcheck.com/

Its £4 and ive used it a few times.
    Shows finance info (i think its this one that showed me it) and damage history, saved my ass a few times before.
    WELL WORTH IT!

heres an old one i did for my bike
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/adamck/hpi.png

the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write off's plate chenged etc...)
    RAC was used for finance info (not available on mycarcheck) and was £5 but now £10
    Still worth the cash as a lil s**t tried to sell me his motorcycle when it still had £2000 owed on finance and he swore down it was payed in full :@

adamck;3959660

the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write … the post above is an actual report from mycarcheck (works ok for write off's plate chenged etc...)RAC was used for finance info (not available on mycarcheck) and was £5 but now £10 :(Still worth the cash as a lil s**t tried to sell me his motorcycle when it still had £2000 owed on finance and he swore down it was payed in full :@

Definitely agree with you there, I did my last check in a rush and although it all came out clear and the bike was fine it was a weight off my mind knowing the bike had no history to be aware of.
    John

Used RAC before & is very thorough & cheap.
    HPI is part of RAC group.
    Do not recommend using ]mycarcheck.com. Not as thorough unless you pay extra.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390

See more discussions