Any gardeners know what this is?

Posted 20th MayEdited by:"Predikuesi"
The long spiny plant arrowed growing in the pot in the foreground.
I've tried Googling the description, but haven't really found a match. I don't want to be cultivating a weed, if that's what it is.3467756.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Is it....an anorexic Christmas tree !
There's an app called seek on the play store. You just point your camera at the plant and it will let you know what it is. It's fairly accurate to the species, not necessarily the sub species
Edited by: "MichyM" 20th May
MichyM20/05/2020 13:15

There's an app called seek on the play store. You just point your camera …There's an app called seek on the play store. You just point your camera at the plant and it will let you know what it is. It's fairly accurate to the species, not necessarily the sub species

play.google.com/sto…_GB
This one am guessing?

There's an app called seek on the play store. You just point your camera …There's an app called seek on the play store. You just point your camera at the plant and it will let you know what it is. It's fairly accurate to the species, not necessarily the sub species

You can also use Google Lens for this, I did it for a flower I had in my garden and couldn't remember what it was
Looks like a plant
Looks like an azalea to me

vbnmu20/05/2020 13:23

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.inaturalist.seek&hl=en_GBThis one am guessing?

ncd20/05/2020 13:28

You can also use Google Lens for this, I did it for a flower I had in my …You can also use Google Lens for this, I did it for a flower I had in my garden and couldn't remember what it was

Thanks. Seek wasn't much help as it got it wrong. Lens on the other hand got it right first time. Looks like it's gorse and should produce yellow flowers.

I'm keeping Seek as it got other plants correct.
LadiesMan2I720/05/2020 13:34

Looks like an azalea to me

I think it's the plant playing hide and seek behind the azalea.
Oops Didn't see the Arrow
Edited by: "LadiesMan2I7" 20th May

I never knew that there was such a thing!
Grows wild and bushy, with pretty lethal spikes on it. Not child (or football) friendly.
Yeah, it grows in the wild around here, especially on the sand dunes. It ends up as a medium sized bush about the height of a person. It is spiky, but it looks attractive and smells lovely when in bloom.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions